Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A holiday with a difference  (Read 2843 times)

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
A holiday with a difference
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »
I've only been back here (on my second visit) for 3 days, but Kalkan has been brilliant so far - for lots of reasons. 
Right now, at 7 am I'm sitting looking across Kalamar bay, listening to the sound of a boat chugging across the perfectly calm blue sea.  It's just the most wonderful view and is very high on the list of my top things about Kalkan. 
Also up there on my list is the people here.  How can it be that almost everyone here is so friendly happy and laid back?  That's locals and visitors.  Amazing that this little place can have such a good vibe!
So, what else?  Well yesterday we went to the Kalamar Beach club where we were lucky enough to get sunbeds right next to the sea with a view across the bay to die for (yes, I know I'm a bit of sucker for views!)  My snorkling kit came out and I had my first encounter of the year with the underwater world of the Turkish Mediterranean.  We also had a yummy cheese pie snack and a few drinks and all this came to around £15 - sunbed and free pedalos etc included - plus a free taxi back to our apartment.  The friendly and of so efficient staff even patched up my other half when he managed to hurt himself jumping off one of the rafts. (Must teach him how to dive...)
Next, restaurants.  Well, the plan was eat out less and eat in more, but we've failed miserably on that score and have eaten out each night.  All 3 meals were great and 2 of them were nice and cheap!  Ali Baba's the first night gave us a chance to sample lots of different very tasty Turkish dishes, whilst the beautifully sited Fener cafe - we sat overlooking the sea - provided us with just what we fancied last night - chicken shish kebab, 2 seafood tagliatelle and a cheese burger washed down with a bottle of wine, a couple of Efes and some soft drinks for under £50 (there are 4 of us).  It was also lovely to go back to Doy Doy -even if just for a drink this time, although I can't wait to get there for a meal!
Our expensive meal (and it was a bit ouch) was at Bread and more on the Kalamar road.  It was a great night out with live music provided by 2 talented Turkish musicians.  The food was excellent - meze starters followed by Turkish specialities, all of which we enjoyed. But most of my memories of the evening are of the waiters with their great floor show as they danced to the musicians and encouraged others to join in.  It was fun and apparently happens every Friday!  The reason it was expensive was the wine we consumed - too much... I can't quite remember the bill - it was my turn to pay - but just as it arrived I started to feel a little strange so my other half was landed with it!
I do have an excuse - which leads to another accolade for Kalkan.  I acquired a gammy leg (from an insect bite) the day before my hols, so I was already armed with antibiotics and other paraphanalia when I arrived.  But it clearly needed some treatment once I'd arrived here and I have been so grateful and impressed with the people who have helped me out - Turkish and English.  I suspect that I should not have been mixing the drink and drugs though on our night at Bread and more...
All in all it's been a brilliant start to our holiday and I'm sure I will update again later on.  Oh, and I'm not saying where I'm staying because it's too nice and I don't want anyone else to get there first next time! 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8217.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: A holiday with a difference
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:17:50 AM »
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us - I love reading peoples holiday reports!!! Have fun.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:00:29 AM »
Super post, very envious.
Bang on!  ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:54:14 PM »
Nice one. I am already looking forward to the next installment.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 03:49:11 PM »
Great report, looking forward to next one. Not at all jealous!!!
Nicky

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:37:22 PM »
Enjoying your reports, keep them coming  :)

Hope your leg is OK and improving.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe

Started by lblizard on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM
by Chucky
thumbup
Best Holiday ever

Started by shee on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 07:23:23 PM
by Kajfish
thumbup
Holiday is Over

Started by billmccan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 07:22:55 PM
by itstime
xx
Another fab holiday

Started by pattaya on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post May 18, 2016, 06:02:14 PM
by pattaya

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Daphne''s

Views: 4341
By: misty
Iso's