Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 1st visit to Kalkan  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Theshooters

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
1st visit to Kalkan
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »
Having just returned from my 1st visit to Kalkan just wanted to let you know how useful I found this website prior to going,recommended restaurants, bars, places to visit etc. Kalkan is one of the prettiest resorts I have been to in Turkey and the locals are so very friendly.The variety of places to eat was amazing and the food wonderful, If it had been just hubby and I it might have been one of our best holidays ever, but there was also our gorgeous 5yr old daughter and my 70yr old mum.
Very few restaurants seemed to cater for little people,she cannot eat spicey food.Whilst the food is lovely it is very expensive for what you get,we were charged £6.50 for small bowl of chips for our daughter !!  The supermarkets were no better, most things being twice as expensive as home, and as we were in a villa we had to use them often. The biggest problem however were the dogs and cats that roam freely, my mum being afraid of both, my daughter of dogs.We witnessed several vicious fights, one happened right next to mum, she was terrified and the ''friendliness'' between several took some explaining !! Where do they all come from ?
Kalkan is lovely but not for the elderly (very hilly) or the young but I know lots of people will disagree

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2371.0

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: 1st visit to Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:51:51 PM »
I have to agree with you about the cats and dogs, this for me is the worse thing about Kalkan and have said so on other threads but you''re right theres not many who would agree.
I would love to know where you were charged £6.50 for the bowl of chips that is expensive! I thought the prices in the supermarket were not too bad as long as you don''t buy english brands and you can get lovely fruit and veg from the green grocers and meat from the butchers.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First visit to Kalkan

Started by DB on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post April 17, 2008, 07:16:03 PM
by DB
xx
My First Visit to Kalkan

Started by Ryss on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2012, 09:31:59 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
When did you first visit Kalkan?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

52 Replies
Last post June 08, 2009, 12:56:47 PM
by alshepuk
xx
1st Visit to Kalkan

Started by cbrierley2 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 12:26:25 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3172
By: shining-one
Emir Pool