Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Security and cctv  (Read 2027 times)

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
Security and cctv
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »
Unfortunately had a break in this season. We have dummy cameras up but obviously this is not enough. Can anyone recommend a company in Kalkan for installation of a decent security system?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13056.0

Offline ThePalms

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Security and cctv
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:24:48 AM »
I advise caution. Our neighbours had an alarm fitted. Cables visible and accessible from outside - so can be cut.

Not convinced alarms are that useful here - we frequently get power cuts and when the power comes back on the fuse trips - a battery based system would not recharge unless someone manually reset the fuses. Additionally mains electric switches and telephone cables are normally external here and therefore accessible to a burglar. The power could be turned off in advance and a burglar could come back when the battery is flat. If you find a solution that overcomes these issues, I would love to know. Good luck.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Security and cctv
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:50:30 AM »
I respect your comments ThePalms, but got to say I 100% don't agree with you.

Our alarm has its own 'battery back up' so no problem if the power goes off, no need to reset fuse's.

To be fair our CCTV does not have a battery back up so goes off during a power cut, albeit, this will soon be a thing of the past as we are having an independent battery back up installed at our villa, it kicks in during a power cut. It does not 'power' the whole villa, you choose what you want it connected to .....we are having the CCTV, TV, Internet and a couple of lights in the living room ( just imagin not been able to find the cork screw ) and a few in the bedrooms, been told if the battery is fully charged ( which it will be 99% of the time ) the battery back up will last 3/4 hours, depending on what you gave on of course, could last longer.

As for curtting wires, all our CCTV cameras/wires are at high level so unless the robbers have a double extension ladder I think we will be ok ;-))). Our alarm is 'wireless' enough said. We also have a unmovable floor mounted safe.....can't do a lot more ! So if the robbers can get past the CCTV, alarm & break into our safe ( without anyone noticing/waking up ) I think they are in the wrong business, they should be on stage.

So ThePalms if this is not good enough for you I suppose you can always sit by the front gate with a shotgun, I think that will def work ;-))))))

Note : Guests have commented that one of the reasons that they chose our villa over others, amongst other things, is the amount security measures we have taken/installed. 

Footnote : We have never been robbed.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa CCTV and guest privacy

Started by brian j p on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 05:30:22 PM
by brian j p
xx
A security tip

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 06:34:57 AM
by dalemill16x
thumbup
Home Security

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 17, 2008, 08:58:55 PM
by Chucky
xx
Villa security?

Started by Tomcat on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2017, 03:52:20 PM
by KlknBtrc

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal