Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: overhead power cables  (Read 2621 times)

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
overhead power cables
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:22:44 PM »
hi
I''m lucky enough to own a villa above the petrol station beyond the olive grove,I bought 3 years ago and love every minute spent there .I was wondering if anyone has any info on the over head power lines and when they will be buried underground ,so my already great view of the harbour will get even better
many thanks kevin

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1003.0

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: overhead power cables
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
Hi Kevin.

We are also lucky enough to own a villa, ours is in Kalamar Bay. At the side of our villa is some spare ground and on the spare ground is a rusty pylon, this was a bit of a concern for us when we purchased our villa in June 2006.

There where over head cables coming from the pylon, we were told by the guy who we bought the property from that he had a letter saying that the over head power cables and the pylon were coming down and the cables were going to put under ground.

We went ahead with the purchase of the property, and went back in November 2006 and the cables had been cut from the pylon and located under ground.

The pylon is still standing but they have started to dismantle it bit by bit, they took the transformer off it last august when i was there, I clapped and cheered.

I have noticed that they have taken a lot of pylons down and put the cables underground in Kalamr Bay and also along Kalamar road. So I should think that they will be working their way up to where you are.

Hope this information helps.

regards Amanda

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 08:19:21 PM »
We were considering purchasing a Samira built villa in 2005. The villa was fantastic and the price was acceptable but the one drawback was the overhead cables and pylons running directly in front of the property. These are the cables that run parallel to the Kas road from the filling station and onwards towards Kas. The info then was that this portion of the road was to be upgraded to link up with the new road from Yesilkoy and the cables would then be buried. Time will tell whether we made the right decision......

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 11:18:13 PM »
Many thanks for your replies ,i know the power lines will be buried at some point but i guess it will be done in turkish time.
ps.... i do love turkish time sometimes ,i am looking forward to getting my fix of it in april
xx kev

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
In Kalkan there are two types of pylon and power lines. The ''local'' pylons carry electricity through the village, these pylons are much smaller than the huge pylons which form part of the national grid structure. The local pylons will indeed disappear eventually as cables go underground. The local  Antalya development plan for this area gives a time scale of eight to ten years  (from 2005) for this work to be completed. The huge pylons, carrying the national grid power lines are unfortunately here to stay.

At present, there is no plan for the national grid cabling to go underground as this would involve the entire country and the costs would be prohibitive in a country this size.

What may influence this at some time in the future would be any EU ruling on power cables and pylons, if Turkey is successful in its EU Membership bid.  But again, informed sources, involved in Turkey''s EU application, suggest a time scale of at least ten years for full EU membership.

Lantana

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
PROBLEMS WITH POWER SUPPLY?

Started by headroom on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post September 09, 2008, 11:49:20 AM
by Lougie
xx
Power surges in Kalkan - Ecosense units

Started by Christina on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post August 31, 2016, 11:38:55 AM
by M n M

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal