Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Message from Kalkan Jandarma  (Read 12194 times)

Offline collsmac

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Message from Kalkan Jandarma
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
I agree EM1

Lantana was very positive and informative, however I posted my ''story'' as we were a victim of a burglary in Kalkan in August and merely wanted to make other villa owners aware of what had happened to us with the hope that this would make them aware of a potential situation and take any preventative action they may feel required to protect their property. It was never intended to ''find fault'' with Kalkan.

I will admit that I am slightly nervous about going back in October but then again I was slightly nervous about being in my own home in the UK when our neighbour was burgled... it will pass.

My understanding was that this forum is to provide information which doesn''t necessarily have to fall under the category of dentists, swimming pools or maintenance charges! Correct me if I''m wrong.... ???

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 07:16:21 PM »
Just thought you would lıke to know that thanks to the CCTV cameras that two offenders were recently traced to Fethıye and were arrested. I cant remember what the offence was and wont speculate. Suffıce ıt to say that the Polıce do work as does the CCTV that has been mentıoned before.

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »
At least it''s nice to see a debate around this. The Feds - you are right, I said it''s safe, but if you read the rest of the post I said in term of overall crime. As others have pointed out rates of crime generally (including and especially lots of serious crime) are far lower than the UK and lots of other countries. I don''t have an issue with that which is why I agreed with Lantana''s comments about overall crimes. I don''t happen to think though that the rates of burglary are lower. The figures I quote for burglaries are from the source I and Lantana subsequently quoted. I don''t know whether they are impeccable or not. I have taken them at face value as I have the figures for Kalkan.
I have no agenda whatsoever, neither do I relish accentuating the negative. if you look at my previous posts you will see that I also believe that there is far too much of that on the site. However, as Em1 points out I don''t think we should just gloss over things, and I tried to address what I saw to be statistics which painted a much better picture than actually seemed to be the case. Thanks EM1, we do "enjoy kalkan", own a property there and visit a few times a year. But burglaries are of an increasing concern to me.
Sorry if anyone has taken offence from the comment "The problem being of course the Kalkan burglary rates affects mainly foreigners and no one really wants to know" I will freely admit that this is not based on any scientific evidence but the impression got from people''s reports on this site.
I am pleased to hear Lantana''s comments that the Jandarma and others are very concerned. I will leave it to those unfortunate enough to have been a victim to comment on this aspect.
To sum up then, sorry folks if this has upset some of you. Don''t look for an agenda because there isn''t one. But long before the argument over "statistics" we had decided to bring an alarm over with us in October, and before you ask, yes we have one in the UK too.

Offline Jo Fotheringham

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »
good evening all, just reading through the various comments on my first visit to to the website, have visited my relatives in Kalkan many times. I think that if you live anywhere on the planet, be it a mud hut in the middle of nowhere or a high security complex you will always find an element of dishonesty, it''s human nature. I can understand that if you are broken into then its very traumatic and the responses from the authories may be frustrating but they are the same the world over. I think if you decide to live in Turkey then you must accept the manyana turkish approach, this approach is for many part of the charm that drew you to turkey in the first place. I think posed with a choice of dear old blighty with its customer service charters etc and true turkey I would take the latter xx

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
If you want to improve overall security - if you feel the need - then why not sıgn up to the CCTV system and allow ıt to be properly establıshed. Its a one off payment of 100 pounds. Hardly a lot. İts been proven to work and ıt wıll be extended as the town grows - whıch it is due to over the next 25 years (İ have it on good authority).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Registering with the Jandarma

Started by tiamaria on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 10:16:51 AM
by tiamaria
xx
Great work by Jandarma!

Started by Wally on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 07:18:09 AM
by molly
grin
A special message for Joan H

Started by EESB on Introduce Yourself

1 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 08:45:13 PM
by Chucky
xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal