Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ecosense Air Con timers  (Read 8481 times)

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Ecosense Air Con timers
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:42:16 PM »
Can some kind person please direct me to the topic on the Ecosense remote timers. I've been trying to find the thread with the instructions and can't seem to find it.

Having bought one, I'm now having trouble just getting the thing to work using the Learn/Test. The instructions are simple, but I think I must be too!?  ???

Oh, and I've got both Vestel and Arcelik and it's the same for either one of the units. I get to the final bit where I'm supposed to point the IR eye in the direction of the AC and then press the Learn button ...'this should switch the air conditioning off'. It doesn't  >:(

Please help  :)
Rosie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6607.0

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: Ecosense Air Con timers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »
Rosie,

The thread does seem to have disappeared.  I can't even find my own post on the subject!!

Alan

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
You are right..... it has disappeared??????
I am sure it was MartynE who installed these but cannot find his post. Why don't you send him a PM and I will try to find out what happened to the original thread?
Joan

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
Hi, we took three of these units out in September, we found that they worked with only 2 of the A/C units. Interestingly they worked with one particular A/C but not with others of the same make.
 If I remember, to set them up,  firstly you press the 'clear' button until the red L.E.D. (on the back where the buttons are) flashes, then you point the A/C remote at the ecosense unit (aprox. 2" away ) press the 'learn button and the L.E.D should flash (twice?) then you set up the time you want it to work for 15, 30, or 45 minutes the L.E.D. flashes according to your setting. You can then press the learn/test button which should turn the A/C off, if when you press it again it turns the unit back on again, it is not compatible with your A/C.
  Once installed you will hear the A/C unit beep every multiple of the time setting you set up, this apparently is normal as it is sensing all the time whether the A/C is on or off.

They work well in 'night mode' leaving the A/C on as desired.
   There is also another model due out soon which wires directly into the A/C unit and guaranteed to work with any A/C.

I also posted in the original posting, but I don't think it was MartynE who was the starter.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for letting me know that I wasn't having early onset of alzheimers! Thank you also Joan for seeing if you can find out what happened to the original post.

Headroom, I have carried out all the instructions as written, which are the same both on the web as well as included in the box and all the light flashes when it's supposed to and all goes well until the last part when instructed to turn off the AC by using the test button...it doesn't turn it off. Interesting that you found it didn't work with all the models of the same make, only one of them. I'll go round and try them all individually and see if I have a similar problem. Such a pity, cos it's a great idea...if it works! ::)

Rosie

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »
You are right..... it has disappeared? ??? ??
I am sure it was MartynE who installed these but cannot find his post. Why don't you send him a PM and I will try to find out what happened to the original thread?
Joan

No Joan, it wasn't me... we have the key-fob type circuit breakers like the ones you get in hotels. I think you can get them from the hardware shop in Kalkan  (by the greengrocer).

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »
I've had a breakthrough - having given up and turned the AC off to come onto the Forum, the AC has just decided to turn itself on  :o  Perhaps it's on night setting. I will see what happens tomorrow with the day setting

Rosie

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
I've had a breakthrough - having given up and turned the AC off to come onto the Forum, the AC has just decided to turn itself on  :o  Perhaps it's on night setting. I will see what happens tomorrow with the day setting

Rosie

Hi Rosie, if it has turned the unit ON then it is probably incompatible, however it should also turn it off with the same signal, if you press the test button. I had all sorts of fun and games trying to set them up, thinking they were working and then finding they were'nt and they have an amazing range as well, I left one in a passage way (outside of the room but with the door open) a good 10 yards away from the A/C with it laid flat on a storage chest, I had given up on it working with that particular A/C but it still turned it on! It just went through a continuous cycle of turning it on and off every 30 minutes as that was the time I'd set it to. I eventually took the batteries out and reboxed it.

I contacted ecosense and they just said send it back for a refund, but as I said earlier they are doing a new unit the ecosense 4000 which is supposedly guaranteed to work with any make of A/C.

Watch this space . . . . we will be taking some out in December, in the words of the woman off the supermarket Ad. 'we'll see!'

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
Headroom, perhaps you could post the link and a bit of background to this unit, whilst Jon investigates the missing thread?

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »

Ecosense 2000. It is a unit which has a sensor that monitors movement within a room, if no occupation is detected within a given time, 15, 30, or 45 minutes, decided by you then it sends a signal to the A/C unit turning it off.

It is not compatible with all A/C units & in my experience even tho' it may work with one unit it may not work with another of the same make.

http://www.ecosense.uk.com/

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »
Headroom, I think I've got the same problem that you had - I turned everything off before going out (at least I thought I had until I returned), when I came home, I found the AC on again! However, I felt relieved to know that you had gone through a similar problem. It seems the ecosense is not compatible with at least one of my AC units and like you I've taken the batteries out to ensure it doesn't haunt me in the middle of the night!!

I haven't given up just yet though, I'll try the rest of them tomorrow, but the new units you mentioned are looking attractive now! Have you been given a price?

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »
Headroom, I think I've got the same problem that you had - I turned everything off before going out (at least I thought I had until I returned), when I came home, I found the AC on again! However, I felt relieved to know that you had gone through a similar problem. It seems the ecosense is not compatible with at least one of my AC units and like you I've taken the batteries out to ensure it doesn't haunt me in the middle of the night!!

I haven't given up just yet though, I'll try the rest of them tomorrow, but the new units you mentioned are looking attractive now! Have you been given a price?

here is a section of an email I received from them:-

new Ecosense 4000 (compatible with your A/C) will be available at the end of
 October. This new model is mains powered (takes power supply directly from
the A/C wall unit) has three night setting options, and has a built in smoke
 detector. The difference in cost would be £20.00.

They haven't confirmed availability yet, but I'm assuming £69 each.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:48:38 PM by headroom »

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 03:30:49 PM »
Thanks Jon for locating the original post.

The reason I was looking for it is because there was a post informing how to find out if the timers are compatible with the AC unit. I also see that a few members have had no problems in getting them to work. I, on the other hand am one of the unlucky ones, as once again I came home to find the AC had switched itself on in a room where I had left the timer unit!

Oh well, back to the drawing board in cost efficiency electric bills  ???

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ecosense update

Started by onelove on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post February 09, 2015, 04:44:48 PM
by onelove
xx
Ecosense 4000

Started by Cajaran on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post June 21, 2015, 12:21:01 PM
by Cajaran
xx
Ecosense Units

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 05:26:27 PM
by Cajaran
xx
Ecosense air conditioning units

Started by AnnieP on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
by AnnieP

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal