Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Child minding in Kalkan  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Christine Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Child minding in Kalkan
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
Just thought people with small children might be interested to hear the there is a nursery school here, in Kalkan, that looks after children on a daily basis (as well as full-time). It''s name is Akdeniz Minikler Koleji and is situated near the Ä°ÅŸ Bank. A friend of mine left her five year old daughter there for the day last thursday. Her daughter went there at eight thirty in the morning, and was there until six thirty in the evening. She had breakfast , lunch and an afternoon snack, and a snooze in the afternoon. Her mum and I had a relaxing time wandering round the market, then mum went off to chill out by her pool. The total cost for the day was twelve pounds. Her daughter Zoe had a great time and made lots of new friends. I believe they also look after children in the evening if desired, and can pick children up at a small additional cost. Their email address is akdenizminiklerkoleji@hotmail.com.
Sorry if this is advertising but I think it is a very useful piece of information.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1410.0

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Child minding in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »
Christine
 Do you know what ages the nursery school will take?. A friend coming out to stay with us soon has a 4 and 6 year old and would like them to have a couple of half days where they get to meet and play with other children so they don''t get too bored with each others company.

Lantana

Offline Christine Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:58:39 PM »
Hi Lantana,
I have just rung the manager of the school and he said that they can take children of ages two to eight years old. So your friends kids should have no problem being accepted. Dont forget that if you fancy a girls night out that they can be looked after in  the  evening as well.

Offline pious aquilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »
Thank you for this information Christine. I''m sure that a lot of people with young children will be very interested to know that it is possible to have their children looked after for a few hours or a day, so that they can have a break, and we will definitely tell our guests about it.

Do you know if it is owned and run by trained and properly vetted childcarers, as I think parents would like to assured about this?

Offline akmin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
Our aim  at the Akdeniz Minikler College ıs to educate and train three to six year old children, both foreign and turkish, in a professional and caring environment.

The pupils are taught a wide range of subjects, including numbers, colours, letters and nature

By interactive computing, the childrens development of individual aptitudes for  music, painting, the english language, drama are also greatly encouraged by our teaching methods.

Pupils can be picked up from and taken back to their homes by our own transport vehicle if required. The opening hours of the College are from between 08:00 and 18:00 hrs, seven days a week.  Additional evening services are available on request.

Nutritional breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks  are served each day.

Special events such as popcorn parties, pyjama parties, fancy dress parties, masked balls and lots more are organised on a regular basis , in order to improve the social  life of the pupils.

akdenizminiklerkoleji@hotmail.com

tel:  0 242 8443080

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »
Pious Aquilla
 Any educational establishment in Turkey, state or private, even a nursery school,  must be licensed and very strictly regulated. All such establishments are also subject to regular, ongoing inspections. The regulations here are far more stringent than anything in the UK so you can be sure that if it has passed the Turkish Ministry of Education standards, it is  a very well run place, with staff of the highest calibre.

Lantana

Offline Christine Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »
Yes, Lantana is correct. Thiis college is strictly controlled by the ministry of education . The teachers are properly qualified and all the staff have to have very regular thorough health checks. My son attended this establishment before he started primary school. I was very impressed by the standard of care and education. Thats the reason why I thought it would be useful for everyone out there to know about it.

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:47:31 PM »
Hi
I can also say wonderful things about the nursery ,my friend Ibrahim yurtseven recommend the nursery to me when we were in kalkan last week and pulled a few strings to get them to look after my 18 month year old son for a couple of hours while my wife and myself enjoyed a fantastic meal at the denis restaurant
  They charged me £5 per hour which to us was worth every penny to get some valuable time alone together which we have not had since he was born,saying that we couldn''t wait to pick him up though
regards kevin

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
young child in kalkan

Started by big dad on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post September 06, 2008, 09:04:23 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Child Friendly Kalkan - Advice needed

Started by chrissy1 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post October 11, 2010, 06:08:48 PM
by chrissy1
recycled
Child attacked by dog

Started by KAPSA Kalkan on KAPSA - Kalkan Animal Welfare Official Announcements

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 01:59:48 PM
by KAPSA Kalkan
smiley
First visit - mother and child

Started by debbo1 on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post February 07, 2011, 06:51:31 PM
by debbo1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal