Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 YEAR RESIDENCY PERMIT  (Read 1739 times)

Offline bryher

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
5 YEAR RESIDENCY PERMIT
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
I have always thought it to be right that villa owners should  have at least one residency permit but I must warn of the most unfair treatment I have received. If you are a permit holder take extra care.

My permit which has one year left to run accidentally became wet and the ink  illegible.  I went to Kemer on Wednesday as I undestood they now dealt with such matters but after waiting for over an hour was sent on to Antalya. The usual long wait there which meant returning on Thursday. Nothing unusual so far until we come to the cost.

On Wednesday I was told that to replace the permit for the remaining year would cost half of the original 5 year price which in this case would be  1208.50ytl plus 138ytl for the booklet.

I protested at this double charge but was quite prepared to pay a reasonable amount for a duplicate. Forcibly told that I HAD TO REPLACE AND PAY. I said that I would just use the 3month visitor system instead but again was told that this was not permissable as I already had a visa and could not hold two.

I was thus forced to pay which on did on Wednesday. I was told that as the payment had been made and the old permit gave all the required information I would not have to wait very long on Thursday and as suggested I arrived at 9.00. I was told 4 times that it was not ready and return at a given time.  Eventually at 4.57 just 3 minutes before closing I was given the permit.

As a final throw away line I asked the Officer how much it would cost if the permit was lost because obviously it would be more difficult to trace the original.The reply was astonishing..juat the cost of the booklet.

So it appears that if I told a lie and said it was lost rather than admitting an accident I would have saved a considerable amount of money

Far be it from me to offer advise to anyone in a similar position!!!!! :angel:

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7147.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Going for a Residency Permit

Started by M n M on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post April 15, 2013, 09:31:49 AM
by M n M
xx
Short term residency permit

Started by baclava on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post September 18, 2018, 08:15:57 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Residents permit

Started by edwina on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2012, 09:33:37 PM
by samson
xx
Obtaining Residence Permit

Started by lyndsey on Living In Kalkan

8 Replies
Last post June 22, 2012, 09:54:17 PM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal