Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vodafone UK to Hit Brits Stranded in Turkey with Roaming Hike  (Read 1299 times)

Offline TheAkbel1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Vodafone are removing Turkey from one of their standard, inclusive roam-free destinations from 6th May 2020, so customers will get hit for a £6 per day charge for using minutes, texts and data in Turkey from that date. Despicable treatment of customers, given that facility was the reason many subscribed in the first place, and will affect many customers stuck in Turkey due to the coronavirus. This is a penny pinching tactic from a global company who operate in both the UK and Turkey and shows no consideration for customers who only benefit from roam-free a few weeks a year anyway. They will have shot themselves in the foot if those customers unsubscribe in their thousands. Vodafone UK tried a similar tactic back in 2018 and an online petition got them to back down. That petition has started up again and if the company don't see the error of their ways this time, then I'll be cancelling my contract and I hope everyone else does the same. If, like me, you are against this decision please make your voice heard here

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?...

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14326.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Re: Vodafone UK to Hit Brits Stranded in Turkey with Roaming Hike
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »
Petition signed - you can also write to the CEO of Vodafone nick.jeffery@vodafone.com I received a reply and a text saying that they would contact me within 24 hours to resolve this....!!!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline TheAkbel1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Thank you....letter of complaint sent....encouraging others to do the same!!

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Signed

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
Its really annoying this, they seem to have hiked all their priced by offering unlimited data but are now capping speeds and also location restrictions.

To get the SIM only deal I have before for £25 a month is now £37 a month :(

Offline Dan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »
Vodafone are removing Turkey from one of their standard, inclusive roam-free destinations from 6th May 2020, so customers will get hit for a £6 per day charge for using minutes, texts and data in Turkey from that date. Despicable treatment of customers, given that facility was the reason many subscribed in the first place, and will affect many customers stuck in Turkey due to the coronavirus. This is a penny pinching tactic from a global company who operate in both the UK and Turkey and shows no consideration for customers who only benefit from roam-free a few weeks a year anyway. They will have shot themselves in the foot if those customers unsubscribe in their thousands. Vodafone UK tried a similar tactic back in 2018 and an online petition got them to back down. That petition has started up again and if the company don't see the error of their ways this time, then I'll be cancelling my contract and I hope everyone else does the same. If, like me, you are against this decision please make your voice heard here

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?...

Signed!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkey is Brits No1 holiday destination

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
by yelkenite
xx
Lycian Way Multi-day Hike

Started by mark on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

13 Replies
Last post May 25, 2012, 10:12:19 AM
by mark
xx
Air Passenger Duty hike from Monday

Started by Possums on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2010, 05:45:25 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Favrite scenic day hike from Kalkan?

Started by nwmouse on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2012, 08:03:18 PM
by cptergun

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal