Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The La Vanta Complex  (Read 16589 times)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
The La Vanta Complex
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:07:04 PM »
Have read over the last few days articles re the above, it is reported to have started and many properties already sold or in the process of being so.  Which hill is this complex being built on, can anyone enlighten us, and has anyone any knowledge at just how advanced it is.  Understand there are supposed to be 158 properties or various sizes etc and the prices ranges are from approx £60,000- £185,000 with golf course and many other xtras. Various comments of it being near the new road.

With another 158 properties in the area of Kalkan what effect is this going to have on the area apart from the obvious ones ?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=239.0
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: The La Vanta Complex
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
See their website http://www.kemermediterra.com/kalkan.htm -but still not clear where main access will be or whether there will be access down to Kalamar Bay.  Maybe someone in Kalkan could nip into the Belediye!

Offline Babadag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:31:17 PM »
The article in the Daily Telegraph on Saturday suggested some reasons for not buying one of these properties;a general lack of five star faciliities in Kalkan and no golf courses yet. They sound like good reasons to me in favour of wanting to stay in a place like Kalkan with its character and charm. There are enough resorts in the world already with cloned 5 star facilities. I thought golf courses need grass and there is not a lot of that in Kalkan unless they are going to use the precious water supplies to keep it green.
One of the reasons given in favour of buying was that its situation a mile inland is traditional Turkey away from tourists (but what about the other tourists in the adjacent 158 homes!)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:42:05 PM »
Have checked their website but still unable to see just where they are located, do understand that this company have built a very large complex in Kemer which is reported to be very expensive and has some very wealthy property owners.
It states that the Kalkan complex will be in a heavily wood area, but not sure there is one left anymore. Not being a golf fan and knowing very little about it, apart from constant watering do they not need some flat areas?

Offline Babadag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 09:17:23 PM »
On TA the development manager for La Vanta stated that " the development is not viewable from Kalkan and in no way deters from its unique views and landscape. The entrance to the site will be from the new road and is placed on the hilltop overlooking Kalamar Bay set away from Kalkan. This was in our thinking ideal as Kalkan is not viewable from the land giving a more exclusive feel to the properties. However access to Kalkan will be very easy and accessible for those using the restaurants and nightlife there."

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
La Vanta
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 09:20:13 PM »
Hi All - there is a thread on this on the TA forum but I've searched and searched and can't find it.... :-\ - I got on the mailing list as I have been intrigued by this - and this is the latest e-mail pasted below - I also have a pdf of their brochure - I can't see how to paste the pdf onto the forum (jon help plz - put down your efes and tell me if that is possible  ???) - if you want a copy - send me a private msg and I'll e-mail it back to you......it seems that the development is inland with access somewhere in the Akbel area and from their brochure photo you can't even see kalkan - all you can see is mouse and snake island - so presumably if they can't see Kalkan then we in Kalkan won't be able to see them either...(phew!!) The prices are VERY high and it seems to be a whole community to itself so let's hope they keep themselves to themselves and just visit Kalkan to help the restaurants with their trade...

Quote; "You will remember us from A Place in the Sun, Kemer Country, Göcek Hills or LaVanta in Kalkan, or even an article in the Mail on Sunday or the Bricks & Mortar section of The Times.

Greetings for a hot and glorious day in Turkey, we hope this finds you well.

We would like to advise you that Phase 1 of LaVanta in Kalkan has sold extremely well and we are awaiting the release of Phase 2. It will be the same fantastic south facing sea-view, stunning homes built to the standard that only Kemer know how and we would like to invite you for a closer look.

Firstly take a look at the view starting on Page 15 of the Main LaVanta brochure which I have attached, this is your view from LaVanta, Kalkan. Within the LaVanta Project we have a combination of one-bed aparts up to five-bed Villas. There will also be a large Social Centre comprising of a Boutique Hotel, Spa & Wellness Centre, shops, restaurants, kids area etc., and not forgetting the shuttle bus into Kalkan Town & to Patara Beach.

Secondly we are offering Inspection trips to seriously interested Clients, if this sounds of interest to you please feel free to contact me on any of the methods below. Inspection Trips are for 2 people and offers you an insight into not only who we are as a company but the fantastic location on which LaVanta is being constructed and a taste of the amazing surroundings that Kalkan has to offer. Just one & a half hours from Dalaman International Airport, it’s an easy transfer ride to a delightful destination." end of quote..!!

If I can find that darned TA thread - I'll post it as it was quite interesting and the marketing manager had responded to some queries posted..!!

Cheers all!

LaVanta Kalkan is waiting to greet you, don’t miss the opportunity to own a stunning Kemer Property in South West Turkey!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline vicksen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:49:27 PM »
Here's the link you're looking for:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297964-i1890-k1210863-o10-Extended_building_work_in_Kalkan-Kalkan.html

So it's not going to spoil Kalkan, then, it's in "unspoilt inland Turkey", eh? (Unspoilt apart from a huge, sprawling, gated & locked concrete holiday complex that is).

Obviously a new use of the word "unspoilt" which I've hitherto not encountered.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 06:43:32 AM »
felicity - many thanks for update, some months ago I also was quite intrigued and made enquiries, they tried sending no end of e-mails and wanted all sorts of information that became intrusive and pushy that I discontinued it all.  Only wanted to be nosey bearing inmind our interst/concern on where and how it would effect Kalkan.  Their sales info tells a large amount, but reading between the lines it says not a great deal, eg exact location, access, as already mentioned.  Perhaps its going to be La Vanta All Inclusive, and they have coloured wrist bands for their residents.!!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 07:34:36 AM »
Hi DRBD - yes - I too was intrigued and nosey and to be fair - I haven't been bombarded with the sales calls.... ;)  I am too concerned how it will affect Kalkan - but hopefully if we can't see 'each other' then our views won't be spoiled - but as Vicksen quite rightly points out - it is going to spoil a part of 'unspoilt turkey' thats for sure!  (btw Vicksen - thx for finding that TA thread...I don't understand why I couldnt..!! ???).

Anyway - when I go back to Kalkan - I will have a car for a couple of days - and I will make a serious attempt to see if I can find it - as I said - I understand from friends in Kalkan that it is accessed through the back of Akbel - presumably a dirt tract leading Kalamar bay direction.  I'll then report back..!!  I must say that I HATE the idea of it - a large sprawling concrete gated complex - but if it brings some tourists in to help support the local businesses then hopefully that will be all it does to Kalkan....or am I being naive... ???

Cheers!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 08:10:27 AM »
Don't know if this is right but what I heard was that it is on the hill overlooking Kalamar Bay near the Harpy Hotel.  So driving into Kalamar Bay and over to the far left hand side.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Felicity - We had a tour around Akbel last April, but for a different reason, didn't see anything that aroused our interests re building but as you say may be down a dirt track well away from things.  Agree and hope it will help the local business people, but not sure, if they have EVERYTHING on site some may not want to venture far.  Time will tell !!!

Regards DRBD

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 08:59:28 AM »
Don't know if this is right but what I heard was that it is on the hill overlooking Kalamar Bay near the Harpy Hotel.  So driving into Kalamar Bay and over to the far left hand side.

I had heard that it was to be located up on the hill which runs parallel to Kalamar Road and the new road - on the right hand side as you come out of the village heading towards Kalamar Bay.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »
Not being able to work out where this development was, I sent for a brochure. It is situated above the new road as the road comes over the hill from Yesilkoy side. There is no access down to Kalamar Bay. I have scanned the plan and if anyone wants a copy I would be glad to send it out. E-mail me at wakeupian@hotmail.com.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 09:28:16 AM »
baclava - thanks, it seems many of us have been intrigued !  DRBD

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 02:57:03 PM »
If true that LaVanta has sold a substantial number of properties, and if it is not another eyesore, it may be good for Kalkan businesses which at the moment seem to be suffering.  A prestigious complex might also help to maintain or even improve house prices in Kalkan.

Somewhere I saw some prices for LaVanta properties but now cannot find them.  However, a perusal of some Kalkan estate agent sites shows that there are now several villas on offer at £400,000+ ... and not very big at that.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »
Blacklions Estate Agency have this development on their site.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
Hi Cosetta, interesting you mention the estates agents, I was looking earlier on today on the website as not due out to Kalkan for a while, I was rather surprised to see how much one had dropped some of its house prices, realise that the website is not always up todate but still stopped me in my tracks.  This was one of the big Agents too.  Still as there are still hundreds of empty properties yet to be sold not surprising really.  Also noticed some are up in the megga-bucks brackets tho. Regards DRBD

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
I too look at the Kalkan estate agent sites.  Haven't noticed any price drops but am probably only looking at the more expensive villas whose prices remain the same as last year.  We have a neighboring villa for sale since 2+ years now, the owner is asking £335,000, it's a relatively small villa but he will not budge on the price.  Good for us as I expect we won't have any neighbors for many years to come! 

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »
I had a look at Blacklion website - needless to say no prices...!!  I DID have a price list - but left the whole folder with friends in Kalkan - but from memory - they were asking silly prices...like £150K for 2 bed apartments with shared pool..

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 09:46:35 PM »
Prices START at £168,000 and the smallest unit is 1 bedroom ...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
La Vanta

Started by SarahLou on Accommodation and Hotels

14 Replies
Last post June 19, 2012, 03:30:47 PM
by kalkanspritzer
xx
La Vanta Owners - anyone there!?

Started by Charlie Hartley on Buying A Property & Real Estate

5 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 04:53:19 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Begonvil complex

Started by clara48 on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post July 20, 2009, 12:31:08 PM
by clara48
xx
Mediterranean Complex

Started by BeyazGül Apt. on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 10, 2017, 08:57:28 PM
by BeyazGül Apt.

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal