Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: tapestry holidays  (Read 4457 times)

Offline baggies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
tapestry holidays
« on: January 20, 2008, 11:22:44 PM »
I am probably using the new look Tapestry this year for the first time having previously used Exclusive escapes as tapestry was defunct! Would appreciate any feedback from people who have used them since they re-emerged. Exclusive are brilliant but this time 4 of us are travelling instead of 2 so cost prohibitive! In particular what are the flights like that tapestry use? Think it is XL and are hte transfers efficient, reps helpful if you need them etc. All coments welcome.

Mrs Baggie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1029.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: tapestry holidays
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »
HI Mrs Baggie - I presume that you have costed out doing DIY - booking your own flights and accommodation - versus EE or Tapestry...??  I know sometimes it varies and sometimes can be cheaper to book a package and sometimes cheaper to DIY, depending on number of people and time of year etc etc...  You will get the same ''service'' as with a package - ie: efficient transfers (but better and quicker as they will be private car/minibus as opposed to a coach), efficients reps - the people who look after the places you stay in are as good if not more personal than holiday reps (at least our guy is.!!) and of course the accommodation can be of the same luxury standard....  ;)  Also (I''m not sure about other hotels) but the Meldi hotel (an ex Tapestry hotel) you can choose your room in the same way that you can with the New Tapestry Collection. You can also choose who you want to fly with - if that is a concern of yours!!

Other than that - I don''t have personal experience of the new look Tapestry - but hopefully somebody else will have!  ;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:29:44 PM »
I have been both DIY and used the new Tapestry and contrary to Felicity''s comments had very efficient private car transfers with new Tapestry and not a coach.  I''m not aware that Tapestry''s transfers by car are any slower, faster or less efficient than anyone elses. I''m not saying this is standard but my experience was very positive.  I can also confirm, from my experience, that the Tapestry reps were professional, helpful and friendly and just as personal as anyone else I have encountered in other non Tapestry hotels or apartments.

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »
tapestry, along with most if not all british tour operators in kalkan, have not used coaches for some considerable time now. as speed limits exist and are increasingly policed the time of the transfer from dalaman to kalkan will be the same who ever does your transfer.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Remember Tapestry Holidays?

Started by kele on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post June 26, 2012, 01:26:02 PM
by amber
xx
Oasis Hotel part of the Tapestry collection

Started by clarborough on Accommodation and Hotels

27 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 08:15:30 AM
by belinda
xx
What's On & Holidays

Started by Baggers on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 09:18:58 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
what I did on my holidays

Started by Baggy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post October 22, 2009, 11:29:41 PM
by fitwenchdidyell

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal