Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Supporting local children  (Read 1538 times)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Supporting local children
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
I just received the e-mail below - not sure who from and how they got my e-mail address - but I thought I would share it with others - as seems a brilliant idea and very reasonable to help support local school children.  I apologise in advance if everyother EK forum member has received the same e-mail.... :o

I have 1 question thought - where is Ilker''s stationary shop...???  Once I know - I will be sure to pop down when back at the end of October but I guess this is really aimed at those lucky enough people who live in Kalkan full time...!

Help the school kids

The new school term in Kalkan and surrounding villages starts next week and to the possible relief of many parents their little bundles of joy will be taken off their hands for weekdays at least

Kalkan Belediyesi has taken the very positive and welcome step of providing every child ın Kalkan- free of charge - a school bag containing the essentials; pens, exercise books, etc.

You can help those parents and chıldren ın outlyıng vıllages by donating a little spare cash to help pay for the same start. They are being provided by Ilker at COST PRICE – NO PROFIT

Some of the UK community have already contributed.

Why don’t you join them NOW? Simply pop into Ilker’s stationery shop and make your contribution.

One bag contains all the essentıals for one child and costs 10 YTL. You can of course help as many children as you wish.

All donations wıll be documented in the next issue of the Kalkan Post.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2348.0
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline newballs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Supporting local children
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »
Ilker''s is next to Bezirgan kitchen, he has internet there

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:31:48 AM »
Hi Felicity,

I agree with you that supporting the children in outlying villages with a school bag is one of the more positive things all of us can do. As a resident, I would like to encourage other residents and those unfortunate enough not to live here permanently, to do what ever they can. The lucky kids in Kalkan itself are being looked after by the Belediyesi which has provided all of them with a school bag containing their needs for at least the first term. But, most of the village kids, or their parents, have to supply their own. I am told there has already been encouraging support for this initiative but there is always room for more.

Most of us resident know Ilker''s stationery shop and internet facility where a lot of us have received help in the past. From the bottom roundabout, walking down hill, it is the first turning on the left, next to Bezirgans Kitchen restaurant. ;)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »
I must have missed this when it was first posted. What a great idea.
Sometimes it is easy to forget that some of the surrounding villages do not feel the benefits of the tourist trade as much and this is a great  way of supporting and helping towards educate the future generations.
I will certainly support this initiative.  
Joan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Children's Sailing Course

Started by Dee on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post August 25, 2008, 08:29:28 PM
by Lorretta
xx
Children discounts

Started by jstjdsunshine on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post June 28, 2008, 09:40:43 PM
by jstjdsunshine
thumbup
First time in Kalkan with the Children

Started by Brooksie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post July 21, 2008, 10:01:06 AM
by Brooksie
xx
Children Friendly Restaurants?

Started by hayal on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2009, 04:10:42 PM
by hayal

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kas

Views: 3799
By: clara 50
Kalkan New Road