Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shame  (Read 2727 times)

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Shame
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »
So sorry Turkey went out, hate football but they should be soooooooooooooooooo proud to have done so well.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1847.0

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Shame
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:47:48 PM »
Hi
Yes! Fantastic game!
Em
Em

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »
Well done to Turkey for some fantastic football tonight! The team definitely deserved to go through!

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »
I''m gutted, I really hoped they would win and they deserved to, well done Turkey!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »
Me too - when it was 2:2 - I really thought they were going to pull off a hat trick of amazing victories....but I guess Germany are just a bit more of a force to be reckoned with...A real shame - but I guess they still celebrated last night in Kalkan for getting this far...any news Feds..?????
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
A very sad evening, but one to make the Turkish nation feel very proud.  If it was luck that got the Turkish team so far, and I don''t necessarily think it was, it certainly deserted them last night.

Sticking generally with the subject, do any of you that visit the Thursday market regularly know if the man that has the huge football shirt stall sells the new Turkish national second strip, the white one with turquoise trim?  I am guessing that, if he does, they can only be bought with the names on the back of the national players.  I wanted to buy a few and get them printed with the names of my nephews, 10 and 3 (strange names eh?) and one for me too. I would imagine that I might need to buy and get them printed in Antalya or Fethiye.

Any ideas?  Perhaps they are there but hidden under the piles of Birmingham City shirts.  Lizard?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:12:45 AM by Eniste »

Offline mistywillow

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »
My work colleagues laughed at me when I said Turkey would thrash Germany, but they had to agree this morning that it was Germany who "fluked" the win this time. Well done to the lads - it was a fabulous effort and just a pity they didn''t get the result they deserved. Just wish I had been able to watch sitting in the Atlantis with a Safari and orange, rather than in my cold living room with a warm beer.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »
Cheers.  I might just get the nephews to change their names, or wait until a Birtan or a Kagan are selected!  I am sure my brother-in-law, Ugur, was delighted when the first goal was scored by his namesake.

I shall bring photos of Geoff Hurst and Michael Owen with me next week, to flash at smiling Germans.  I fear their luck will carry them all the way.....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Shame

Started by itstime on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post June 07, 2015, 04:33:15 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal