Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: scooter hire, villa antiphellos and more  (Read 5031 times)

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
scooter hire, villa antiphellos and more
« on: January 09, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
Hi everyone, we are new to the forum and this will be our first visit to Kalkan so we have a few questions!

We are thinking about renting a Villa (the villa Antiphellos with Agni travel if anyone has stayed here before?) and so we will also be hoping to find some form of transport to get us to and from the beach etc. Are there scooters for hire and if so what are the roads like in and around Kalkan? For example to Patara beach? We have hired scooters in most places we visit so we are aware of the safety issues but just wondered if its something people do in resort?

We are also obig fans of boat trips if anyone can reccomend a good one from the harbour?

Obviously we will also be looking for some nice restaurants and bars if anyone can point us in the right direction.

It seems like transfers to kalkan from Dalaman airport are pretty expensive. The best one i have found so far is £110 return. Is this about right or are there any cheaper options?

Thank you in advance. Excellent forum by the way!!!

Carl And Katie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7239.0

Offline kalcougar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: scooter hire, villa antiphellos and more
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
Hi Tuppy,

£110 Return transfer sounds about right depending how many in your party.

As for scooter hire unless you are a qualified rider in the UK I would not recommend hiring them in Turkey.

As for bars you will be spoilt for choice an I'm sure you will get plenty of suggestions.

Enjoy your stay in Kalkan. 

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
Hi Tuppy.  Welcome to the forum and congratulations on discovering Kalkan.  I'm sure, like just about everyone on here you will fall in love at first sight with this magical place!  Can't help with your villa, but there are tons to look at, so check out ownersdirect and holidaylettings as they have 100s of properties for you to look at. Check out the accommodation section on here too, some owners even offer forum members a wee discount!

If you put "boat trip" in the search box you will find several discussions.  The boat trips are fabulous and everyone has their favourite boat and skipper.  My partner and I like to have a small boat to ourselves, so we always go with the brilliant Capt Mehmet Ali on his boat Zeus.  Can take 8 but 6 better, and just 2 better still!  He's lovely and cooks a delicious lunch on board.  But there are lots of boats to choose from!

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:12:50 AM »
Hi Tuppy. Can't help re the Villa but we always hire a scooter. It really depends upon how fit you are, there are a few hills to climb! The scooters are mostly Chinese and the maintenance is not always very good. They're O K for around town but I would advise caution when considering trips on the main road to Patara. Try it out around town for a few days first. Most of the locals don't bother with helmets but you will need one if you go on the main road out. The police presence around town is mostly non existent but I have been caught out with no helmet and have had to abandon the scooter and go back for it later! You'll love Kalkan. have a good one.

Offline tuppy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
Thank you for the replies.

I have a full UK license and have also passed a CBT for scooters upto 125cc so we should be fine. I just like the freedom of having our own transport to get around on but perhaps we will find it easy to get around without one. Just nice to have the option.

Booked the flights this morning and just paid the deposit on the Villa with Agni travel. £593 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with all mod cons, sun terrace and balconies for two weeks in June seems very reasonable. Just hope the location is ok  but it looks pretty central on the map.

thanks again

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
iv'e had a look on the website and the marker for your villa you have rented would suggest that it is about a 10 minute walk to the market and about 15 mins slow walk to top of the village..you won't need taxis it is located near the big school on the satellite map.....you have two options of walking route ...one which goes by the school and leads down via a hill to the market (thursdays),,,the other route is to cut through ahead of your villa to Kalamar road and follow that road either way not to strenuous and kalamar rd  has some shops and bars along the way ;) .......
                        Lizard
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Huskielady

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
Hi I came across a very cheap method of airport transfer last year if you know you are staying near 'named accomodation' such as a hotel or apartments, as this is only where they will go to. It's called Transfers4U and they use airconditioned minbuses that seat about 12.

I travel on my own and was very happy with them and they made a convenience stop on the way and were only taking people to Kalkan and so didn't make stops at other resorts on the way in but did on the way back. It was £34 return so if you are on a budget can't grumble at that  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
SCOOTER HIRE

Started by FIONAMCGREGOR on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 07:37:46 AM
by Lantana
xx
scooter hire

Started by sturdysteve on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post March 09, 2014, 08:14:21 PM
by sturdysteve
xx
Scooter Hire

Started by Ashley on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 04:42:12 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Scooter MOT

Started by patmore on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 02, 2012, 09:24:04 AM
by patmore

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal