Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Out of Season 2015...2016  (Read 54166 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Out of Season 2015...2016
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 12:43:34 PM »
KTLN have a list of whats opening food and drink wise out of season for those interested ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »
Yes, quite a few this year which will be good. The Thursday market was noticeably emptier today of stall holders. Think the boats will be lifted out sometime this w/e according to one owner we were speaking to although did see one anchored in Kaputas yesterday. Still a lot of people swimming in the sea too.

Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »
Had a walk down to the harbour this afternoon, all very quiet, Fener closed, not much happening on the  harbour work.  The boats as yet are still in the water, still a couple of yachts sailing in.  The building next to Yali is certainly going deep, 3 digger machines in the hole the other day.

The weather is still lovely although the clouds are gathering abit, people all sitting about relaxing & chatting,

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
Well for those of you in need of a bit of a 'Kalkan Fix', here we have a nother fabulous day weatherwise, the sky has more cloud & it does feel a bit sticky so perhaps rain may be on its way, it has so far been a very dry month.

We had a walk down to the harbour via some of the back roads this morning, very quiet indeed. Saw & heard a digger up behind the main drag in the old town somewhere near Bourginvil, couldn't get along there so not sure what it's they are doing but possibly refurbish.  The old town is so quiet this year so far, no banging, cement mixing etc, such a treat.
The work on the renovated house on the harbour is now well & truely underway, but again there wasn't too much noise, there is some really smart building of walls going on there.  Sat in the tea garden & looked over the bay, quite a few Turkish families there having a Sunday catch up  with children in the play area using up their energy & still people swimming in the sea.  So peaceful.  As most of have read on KTLN possibly, the building of the new harbour premises is underway although today nothing was happening, no sign of any work going on there. Also you are aware  from KTLN that the boats are all in as from Friday, except one, the little  fishing boats are now in their places.   A couple or so places open, Aubergine,  Gusto but otherwise quiet. Walking back up into the town & on our way home the only building work we could hear was from next door to Yali, it looks as though they are ready to lay the first cement on the base, it goes down a long way.  Earlier in the week there was a problem with the water supply (surprise & yes we get it in the winter, even worse sometimes) water streaming down from the market area down into the town, also we had road closed so that caused a few problems.

It really is good to see people out & about meeting up with friends who they may not have seen since the beginning of the season, sitting about drinking cay & maybe putting the world or maybe Kalkan to rights. Did speak to a couple of the business people who sadly knew nothing about the public meeting that was held by the Mayor earlier this week in Kalkan, they were very surprised  & so were we they didn't know.

Anyway back home now, got our breath back, must go & do a couple of chores. Maybe tomorrow there will be more noise but for now it's bliss. Our thoughts go out to those in Paris, the victims, their families & friends especially as we have peace & quiet.   

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:39:56 PM by DRBD »

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
Just to add a note to DRBD's report, the building on Suleyman Yilmaz Cd has been completely demolished, the one next door but one to iso's kitchen, apparently a new building going up, not clear what will be there but was told maybe a bar or restaurant on the lower level.  The residents of the building attached to it were watching with trepidation as the building was ripped away.  Walked past Hunkar Ocakbasi the other day and noticed the interior had been gutted as has the interior of the small Yali store between the roundabouts.  Although the old town is quiet, rather surprisingly the shops on the main drag above the Merkez are mainly still open, can't see them doing much trade.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 09:07:40 PM »
Thanks for the updates - DRBD & Anne.   I hope the building being demolished wasn't one of the lovely old stone properties along this street - this area should be protected.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 06:20:32 AM »
Yes Hunkar are closed for a month  or so for refurbishment, so be interesting what they do there.  Interesting about the demolished building,  bet the ground wobbled as well as other buildings. There wasn't much room for the digger from what we saw.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »
The weather is getting cooler, day & night time, bit of a breeze today.  Had a look at the site beside Yali this evening, cement pumper  & mixers all around, quite a lot of noise & traffic commotion  in that area.
Speaking to a local, it seems that it's going to be a new Migros on the site, now I am excited altho I said fancied a non food outlet, I like Migros. Also our informant said the old Migros would become the new local heath centre/ little hospital which if true is another positive. Had already heard that Migros wanted to expand but was given the impression they would expand  the location where they  are.  Oh well time will tell. My hopes of a small departmental store seem to be out of the window.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
Thanks for your update again!! you have a breeze? we have what has been called hurricane Barney..which is actually high wind...Bet Yali supermarket are not happy with Migros going next door! price wars looming? ;)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 07:10:20 AM »
Have been reading about 'Barney' just feel sorry for those suffering from flooding, really horrible experience.

Thankfully we haven't had the high winds yet but sure they will arrive, in the meantime will make the most of this fine weather.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
Oh how sad that an old building has been demolished on what is really one of the nicest little streets in Kalkan :( :( Maybe it was structurally unsound..? I hope it doesn't detract from how nice this area has become over the past two years.
Happy that Migros will be closer to town though...really like Migros but hate the walk up...hopefully it will be a bigger than the store up the road - but not too high a building as The Swan and Asiyan may feel a bit overshadowed.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 06:14:31 PM »
Walked along Suleyman Yilmaz Cd today and the rock breaker is way below ground level, must be digging out a lower level.  Iso is not happy, he has had to close up his restaurant, too noisy and dusty.  Hopefully the new building will be in keeping with the rest of the street, at present the other half of the semi which the old building was attached to looks a bit forlorn and fragile. Weather is still amazing for November, few clouds later on and a bit of a breeze but still shorts and T shirt weather.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »
Very sorry to hear that Anne - not only does there seem to be no building protection in Kalkan,   I also feel sorry for Isos who works so hard at maintaining his business all year - fingers crossed he can open for Christmas & New Year, we love this place, especially in the winter, so atmospheric with the lovely roaring fire.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »
I kind of like Migros where it is..it's ideal for loitering around the chiller section after coming out of the market! :laugh:
best not to mention roaring fires in winter!! think we had enough of that last winter :o :o
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:47:31 AM by Blue Lizard »

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2015, 01:17:10 PM »
Spoke to Iso today, he is opening at 8 pm when the rock breaker packs up.  New building next to Yali growing very quickly.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 01:28:08 PM »
Brilliant - thanks Anne x

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
Hello.      Is anybody in Kalkan????Whats happening?any progress at the harbour etc? ???
Thank you kindly
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 11:54:01 PM »
Apparently not, BL... :( :(

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 05:09:08 AM »
Quite a few people are or have been away from Kalkan of late & it has been quiet so not too much to report except for repetitive updates on buildings. We have had rain recently.  Will have a walk around & update soon.   

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 07:31:40 AM »
A new A101 shop opened very near to Arcelik last week, very handy for those living in Kiziltas.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa owners, are you getting many bookings for 2015 season

Started by brian j p on General Discussion

37 Replies
Last post April 17, 2015, 12:59:23 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
13-20 April 2015

Started by pw on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 04:41:37 PM
by pw
xx
The end of the summer......2015

Started by DRBD on Weather

4 Replies
Last post October 23, 2015, 08:46:37 PM
by DRBD
xx
2015 Tax Return

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post February 20, 2015, 10:36:17 PM
by Wendy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal