Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Oh what a perfect day!  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Oh what a perfect day!
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
 :) :) Today was 'Kalkan make a difference day' & just what a perfect enjoyable day it was! My wife & I made our way to the First school to meet up at 09.00hrs. When we arrived it was truly wonderful to see hundreds of young children smartly dressed, in lines waiting for the Headmaster to set them off on making Kalkan sparkle. The children along with other British were all given Belediye baseball caps, gloves and waste bags. We all set off with the children singing and photo's aplenty. It was great to see the Mayor of Kalkan and to be greeted as we were important to the beauty of Kalkan. :D :D
The Jandarma insured that the children were safe from traffic and the teachers organised their crowd perfectly. We swarmed down into Kalkan cleaning up any mess & leaving full bags at collecting points. The atmosphere was great with shop owners continually thanking us for what we were doing right down to the beach area were the entertainment set the seal on what really was a day to remember!
The Mayor, the teachers & the staff of the Belediye deserve all the praise going but the stars were the children!!!! The songs and the smiles with their little banners warmed our hearts!!

Kalkan looks beautiful. Today put the finishing touches to the hard work the community as put in to start the season. All I would add in closing is please let us all be aware that today is just one day & we all must continue to be responsible in keeping Kalkan the beautiful place it is! My wife I will never forget today & inshallah we will do our best!!!! :D :D :D :D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7580.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: Oh what a perfect day!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »

Sounds like a great day......... :) :) :) :)

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »
Well done to everyone concerned, we certainly appreciate all your efforts in keeping Kalkan looking so beautiful.  Glad to hear the children and yourselves had such an enjoyable day - thankyou

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »
Many thanks to you Wally for a wonderful report, great reading first thing this morning, so pleased you & yours enjoyed yourselves.  Must agree that there is always a good atmosphere in Kalkan on just such days.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:54:32 AM »
What a lovely report Wally, sounds like you had a really good day and well done to all involved. It's cheered up my morning as i will soon be getting ready to head off to work!! Never mind, not many more weeks and me and Hubby will be out there enjoying all that Kalkan has to offer.
Nicky

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
Wally, as you experienced such a good day, can you imagine that sort of thing happening  in the UK without too much red tape being involved.  Bet that makes you smile even more eh !!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
Perhaps the only time I've been envious of people clearing up rubbish....sounds like a great day. As tourists, we really appreciate everyone's efforts to keep Kalkan looking beautiful, just wished we could have been there to help :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The perfect start

Started by tuppy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

19 Replies
Last post June 09, 2013, 09:59:10 AM
by BarbH
xx
Perfect holiday music?

Started by Christina on The Everything Else Area!

20 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 11:46:42 PM
by AllanChris
xx
Your perfect Kalkan meal

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post July 11, 2010, 08:56:20 PM
by Babs
xx
Your perfect 7 days in Kalkan

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 11:17:25 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalamar Bay

Views: 2722
By: Bob & Jayne
Dancing in Kalkan