Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: new to kalkan  (Read 5566 times)

Offline izzy35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
new to kalkan
« on: May 11, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »
My wife and I are staying in kalkan this July.  We will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary and i would like a nice romantic restaurant with high standards in order to spoil her.  We have never stayed in Kalkan before and have heard and read many good reports.  So if one could reccomend a restaurant i would be grateful

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3450.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: new to kalkan
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:23 PM »
This really is a tough ask...with so many restaurants everybody has favourites ,what some might consider excellent others might not be so keen...personally i have found the "top end " to be not as good as some middle range...i''m sure others will disagree!!but Kalkan itself is the ideal backdrop for romantic dinners ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline izzy35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:38:34 AM »
Thanks.  Just been reading through this site as we are looking forward to our holiday and i want to get the feel of kalkan.  It sounds like we will be spoilt for choice

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
Korsan Fish Terrace is very romantic on a rooftop overlooking the harbour. Also the Olive Garden, but book ahead &ask for a front table on the top. Both a very reliable as to the quality of their food.

Offline mikem

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »
Hi
This is a personal matter of taste. My own choice would include Kosk, Old Trading House,Aubergine and Sofra. However with around 200 to choose from, the world is your lobster?!
Whatever you choose it would be hard to find a bad one. Let us know where you went and what it was like.

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »

I''d go Korsan Fish Terrace also, the most romantic setting and veiw. Amazing to watch the moon come up over the mountains, what a back drop. And yes the food is good too and they don''t only serve fish there is a varied menu.

M

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »
My vote would go to Ibo - again book and ask for a front table for the view and food to die for..!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
Izzy, you really are spoilt for choice. For a special occasion I would book one of the waterfront tables at Villa Mahal. The hotel was voted as one of Europe''s most romantic in Conde Nast magazine and the food is as good as anywhere else in Kalkan, but the view is unbeatable. I want to win the Euromillions so I can live there ;D ;D
www.exclusiveescapes.co.uk to check it out.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »
Korsan fish terrace, front row, smooth jazz and fab fish! book it now!!!!! then a walk back along the beach couple of drinks and home x

Offline izzy35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »
 :) :) thank you all very much.  They all sound fabulous, we will try them all.  We have just been looking at photographs of Kalkan and it looks delightful.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »
then a walk back along the beach

??? Beach  ??? ??? ???

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 07:51:38 AM »
Yes - beach - pebble admittedly - but I love Kalkan beach - I dont feel the need to wear crocs or anything and the sea is so lovely and clear there and it is like a jacuzzi as you swim from warm bits to cold bits as you try to avoid where the cold mountain water comes into it..brhh!!  Or lovely and cooling in the height of the summer!!!

It is a very popular beach with tourists and locals and should not be avoided..!!!  :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »
I also love the beach at Kalkan and spend a lot of time on it.  My worst nightmare is sand so the pebble beach is perfect but must admit I do need to wear beach shoes and am always full of admiration for the people who can effortlessly wander in and out of the sea in bare feet  :o

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 08:23:58 AM »
The beach is great, you will love it, only small, but big enough to have your own space, I think a pebble beach is so much better than a sandy one, we have spent many a day there, getting sunburnt !......there is a small bar / restaurant just behind it for a nice cold beer or something to eat...EnjoyKalkan !
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:40 AM »
when you stand up your bum looks like it has cellulite from the pebbles!! :-[ :-[

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »
Hi Izzy my wife and i are also celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary when in Kalkan as we have for the past 6 years.We have dined out at the Ibo,Coast,Atlantis,Samira,Aubergine and the Kosk.You will get many recommendations but from past experiences you will not be dissapointed wherever you choose.As already mentioned it is adviseable to prebook and mention it is your anniversary as in the past the wonderful people of Kalkan have laid on a surprise or two for us.Good luck in choosing Izzy.
Its nice to be important,
but its more important to be nice.

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »
the beach at Kalkan is fab, cheap, clean and a great source of entertainment! watching people getting out of the water is just such fun! especially if they have had a efes or two with lunch!! not that I recommend drinking and swimming! But use the beach its far more dreamy than a pool !

Offline izzy35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
 :) I''m looking forward to all these restaurants.  I think we have chosen the perfect resort for our anniversary.  I''m more of a sand lover when it comes to lazy days on the beach so we will be visiting Patara.  However we will venture to Kalkan beach and see if we can manage it.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »
Patara is fantastic but take great care as the lovely breeze you get there hides the strength of the sun and everytime we have been there I have seen people who are very, very red and will not be having a happy evening. It would be a shame to spoil your holiday.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Hello Kalkan

Started by Neil and Denise on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 06:59:26 PM
by Potter
xx
When are you in Kalkan??

Started by HEATH on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

62 Replies
Last post June 27, 2016, 06:07:04 PM
by Babs

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal