Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New security measures at turkish airports  (Read 3008 times)

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
New security measures at turkish airports
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
Hi all, I know many of you are flying to the UK in the coming days / weeks.
Just thought I'd let you know that the security measures in place in the UK are now in place at Turkish airports. So you are not allowed to board planes with any liquid of 100ml or more and anything under 100ml needs to be placed in a clear plastic bag. That includes lipsticks etc.
When we arrived at Dalaman we were allowed to take water through passport control and were handed a bag to remove liquids before the next security check. Then when we went to the gate we were asked to dispose of water and show other liquids in a simlar way to the UK. Of course the problem here is that you then have to buy water on the plane. I know this is the case in a lot of places across europe.
The odd thing we noticed though was that folk who had bought duty free booze seemed to be able to take that onboard??
Checked baggage is no change so you can put anything larger than 100ml into your cases.
Anyway just a heads up

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4900.0
Carpe diem

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: New security measures at turkish airports
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:00:13 AM »
Isn't  it strange how people expericence different things, now we placed our water in the plastic tray provided
 & no one said a thing, were allowed through security no other questions about lipsticks etc. no plastic bag offered.
  Nothing really open for refreshment in the eating area except the drinks lounge so pleased we had our water & food. Going through the departure area/lounge again placed water in plastic tray provided, it was only then the
water taken off of us, abit of a thing with checking my laptop otherwise no problems.  But at least we know as BevJam stated they are at last operating the security measures.        Checking in still takes ages though.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
BevJam, why was it odd that Duty Free booze could be taken on board? That's permitted in UK isn't it...or have I been getting away with it for years :o :o ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »
It was odd in the sense that people could have bought water or booze in the duty free section and yet it was only water that was being confiscated. So I suppose any terrorist could have tampered with any liquid. Just an observation?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 01:59:46 PM »
aahh, I see  ::). I didn't think you could buy water in the Duty Free shop, so perhaps they were being confiscated because they could have been brought in from outside the airport ???

Offline tuttifrutti

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »
Antalya Airport yesterday-allowed water through on first check, then water taken off us at gate-no problem with that but you couldn't buy water in gate area where we were kept for 45 mins and no water on plane for 90mins and then only small paper cup full! Felt really dehydrated and had to ask for refill of paper cup( another wait of 20 mins) as no water for sale on plane. Saw people rushing in to WHSmith at Stansted to buy water when they got off plane

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
crikey...that doesn't sound good at all. You'd think water would be available at the gate, because they can security check it before its sold ??? Perhaps they will have things more organised by the time the holiday season starts...hopefully!
Who were you flying with Tuttlfrutti?

Offline tuttifrutti

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »
Cypus Turkish. They are usually pretty good but these new restrictions seem to have caught them out  a bit. Hopefully both the airport and the airlines will be a bit more organised later this year.  We could have bought Coca Cola at the boarding gate but as that makes you even thirstier there was no point.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »
Just a thought,is the tap water drinkable in the loo,if so you could take a plastic bottle on the plane and fill it up.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Bank Security

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Money & Finance

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 01:34:08 PM
by BevJam
xx
UK airports?

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post February 05, 2012, 05:00:28 PM
by popps
xx
Advice re using different airports for outbound and return flights

Started by Lizilu20 on Flights and Travel

12 Replies
Last post October 24, 2014, 07:44:07 PM
by Babs
xx
A security tip

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 06:34:57 AM
by dalemill16x

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal