Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Last Minute Return Flights  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Last Minute Return Flights
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong "room", we are due to come out next Friday, however, my mother in law is seriously ill and we don't know how long she has. My wife's doctor has told her we should go as she's had a stressful year and is in desperate need of a break. If we do come how easy is it to get a return flight on the spur of the moment? Is there an internet cafe I can use to book a flight and print the tickets off or is it a case of going to the airport and paying what they ask?
Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9373.0

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Last Minute Return Flights
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
You could always try and book EasyJet online, either Dalaman or Antalya to Gatwick or Manchester. You can also book Thos Cook online too and I think, Monarch.
If you already have return flights booked, there will be a local number that you can call and I'm sure that they will be sympathetic in trying to get you home.
If all else fails, try going in to Abi travel, Linda or Osii will be sure to find you something.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:41:18 PM by BubblesG »
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:44:06 PM »
Thanks Bubbles, I'll probably bring my iPad and link up to the complex wifi to see about the flights, it's just the printing side of things. Not sure how many flights there are midweek, we are flying Thomas Cook so will have a look at their website.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Oct 2010 I had to abandon a stay in Kalkan to get home urgently, I just looked at available flights on sykscanner.net and booked a flight, I didn't print anything out, all they needed at check in was the booking ref plus passport.
There is wifi freely available around the hotels bars and restaurants and whilst I am sure there are internet cafes any of the local cafe owners / hotels /bars etc. would let you use their PC in such a situation.
My travel insurance paid both for my unused flight and the emergency return flight... (I have no idea why!)

As BubblesG says it would be worth checking with the company you are booked with to see what they could do first.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
We arrived in Kalkan at 5.00pm on Good Friday last year with Thomas Cook and we discovered the next morning that we had to return home urgently.  We didn't have internet access and I was too upset to visit an internet cafe so we phoned Thomas Cook.  They weren't very helpful and didn't have availability on their flights that day so we phoned Easy Jet.  They were much more helpful, they had availability, we paid for the flights over the phone and we were back on the way to Dalaman at 5.00pm.  The flights were quite expensive - £800 for 4 of us one way, but we were going to pay it whatever it cost.  We were able to claim on our travel insurance for some of the cost of the extra flight, but not for the unused flight.  But it was very stressful and we still lost quite a bit on money.

Could you not contact Thomas Cook and see if you could change the flights for a later date as this would probably less expensive and more importantly less worrying for your wife. 

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
There is an internet cafe in the same building as Sedali Insurance, next to Baris' shop. I used it in October to check in and printed my boarding cards. Cost about 5 TL. If you do have to travel back early, then you should be able to claim on your travel insurance. We had to postpone our holiday a couple of years ago because of the death of my mother in law, Easyjet charged us the difference in flight costs plus admin fee but the insurance paid this out.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
3 week return flights

Started by Alfaman on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 06:15:03 AM
by Hoca
xx
2 return Easyjet flights 1st May-29 May

Started by Cuddles on Classifieds - Available

2 Replies
Last post April 28, 2013, 08:14:31 PM
by Cuddles
xx
2 Return flights to DLM for sale at £156pp

Started by MrBodrum on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post December 03, 2008, 11:36:14 AM
by MrBodrum
xx
FLIGHTS for SALE: LGW-DAL 11 May & Return 19 May 2014

Started by JonJon on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post April 30, 2014, 03:37:02 PM
by JonJon

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal