Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kormurluk  (Read 7783 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Kormurluk
« on: January 04, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
Hi everyone,
we''ve booked to go to an apartment in Kormurluk this year, having previously stayed up near Emir Apartments - felt like we''d like to look at the harbour from a different angle and the views do look stunning! However me and my other half really enjoyed the uphill walking last year, even though it was during August and the heat was unbearable...We like our food and a few shandies and a normal 2 week holiday would result in clothes becoming "uncomfortable" graduating to unwearable after approx 7 days....not in Kalkan if you avoid the taxis (a massive plus for me). Nothing chews fat like going uphill and I kinda liked the fact that I could still wear all my clothes and they actually got looser last year:D :D I''m a bit worried that staying in Kormurluk might mean taxis - water or otherwise - as the Kas road looks quite busy, unlit and possibly not pedestrian friendly?? Also wondering if the incline is as steep as going up to the Emir, should the road be walkable. These things are important...as I will need to lose a stone in advance of June if I can''t walk back to our apartment twice a day... :laugh:
Really looking forward to our return trip

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=967.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Kormurluk
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
sorry never stayed on that side..but on the bright side the water taxis are free in the daytime!!hooray!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »
thanks Blue Lizard....swimming may have to be my new fat burner ???.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
I would certainly not want to walk to Kormaluk area at night after a meal and a few drinks. Starting at the island you are already faced with an uphill walk to the Kas road. Then a walk in the dark on the sea side of the main road until you come to the first turn off the main road. The nearest ''water taxi'' is probably to the Palm beach club, and that is only for patrons of the beach club. Anyway that finishes at dusk. Just bite the bullet and get a taxi - maybe 10 lira + but only guessing.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:14:24 AM »
You are above the Palm beach club so have that as an option for an early evening drink and I am sure if you use their facilities you will be able to use their water taxis by day/ early evening. I know a few people do walk back from Kalkan to both Komurluk and Kisla, so why not see it as a challenge, I can varify that steep hills seem far less challenging after a few drinks as I walked up from the harbour most evenings last season. Why not take it as a challenge to keep those lb''s off?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »
thanks Guys. We know the Palm beach club really well having spent a lot a time there last year and we do intend to be regular visitors again this year but I do want to try and avoid the water taxi if possible.....if you know people who have done the walk back from the village then it''s not impossible and we''ll certainly be giving it a go...we''ll pack a torch  :)

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
We have a place in Kisla - further from the Old Town than Kormurluk - and last year did the walk a couple of times without a problem.

It is some distance, but if you take your time - and a torch! - you shouldn''t have a problem ;)

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »
We have a villa in Komerluk & always walk home every night after dinner (even though I may want the taxi which is only about 5 YTL).  The path at the side of the road is about 2m nad the road is lit.  You may need a torch when you turn off into Komerluk itself - depends where the apartment is - we find there is enough light from the road and we leave the gate lights on to guide our way so we''re OK even if we''ve forgotten the torches.
You''re right, Palm beach might charge for non-patrons, but mention that you''re staying on Komerluk, make sure you have a lunch there one day (best Calamari in Kalkan) and you''ll probably not have to pay - in fact we never have - even without mentioning the villa.  We tend to use the water taxi on Thurs after the market - wander down to the harbour, have an iced coffee, then lunch at Palm beach.

Have to say that Komerluk, being to the east has fantastic sunsets, and we love looking over at Kalkan in the shade whilst we''re on the 1st G&T still in the sun !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
Thanks, Jamera. It''s good to know it''s walkable from the village to Kormurluk of a night - I''m not avoiding the taxis for monetary reasons, purely to keep the lbs off the hips ;D As I said when I originally posted this topic, the walking was a real bonus for us last year - although it was deathly hard walking up from the harbour to Emir in the August heat - it meant we could eat and drink to our hearts content without feeling the pinch on our clothes. I would hate it if we couldn''t walk to and from the apartment for safety reasons, or if it was totally on the flat (no pain no gain). We have planned to pack a couple of maglites, just in case we need them. We loved Palm Beach club and do hope to spend a bit of time there again this year - and you''re right about the calamari  :laugh: The owners have sent us photos of their apartment and the views look spectacular....can''t wait...18 weeks and counting 8) 8)

Offline morgan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »
We have an apartment in Komerluk and we very rarely get a taxi(only if we have a lot of shopping(market day).Our apartment is just past the Alegra hotel,and the walk into town takes about 15 minutes,possibly a little longer at night(depending on the number of efes consumed!!)Usually the moonlight is enough to make your way,but a torch is handy.We enjoy the walk,especially after a large meal,the hill is a bit of a workout,but not too bad!!
The views from Komerluk are fantastic,I''m sure you will love it.Have a great time!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »
thanks, Morgan. We are quite high up, I think - nearer the Kas road. We''ve been looking at our own photos taken from the other side of the harbour towards Kormurluk trying to pinpoint where we might be. A long walk up from Palm Beach Club...it looks like, but I suppose that''s better of a night - we won''t have to walk down far from the main road in the dark. As you say, there''s something satisfying about a stiff walk uphill after consuming a week''s calories in one sitting... ;D Only 17 weeks till we''re back in Kalkan...can''t wait 8)

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
We have a villa in Komerluk & always walk home every night after dinner (even though I may want the taxi which is only about 5 YTL).  The path at the side of the road is about 2m nad the road is lit.  You may need a torch when you turn off into Komerluk itself - depends where the apartment is - we find there is enough light from the road and we leave the gate lights on to guide our way so we''''re OK even if we''''ve forgotten the torches.
You''''re right, Palm beach might charge for non-patrons, but mention that you''''re staying on Komerluk, make sure you have a lunch there one day (best Calamari in Kalkan) and you''''ll probably not have to pay - in fact we never have - even without mentioning the villa.  We tend to use the water taxi on Thurs after the market - wander down to the harbour, have an iced coffee, then lunch at Palm beach.

Have to say that Komerluk, being to the east has fantastic sunsets, and we love looking over at Kalkan in the shade whilst we''''re on the 1st G&T still in the sun !
Hi jamera, we are the couple you sat opposite at the departure lounge at Gatwick, met up with and chatted to at the cafe enroute to Kalkan and sat next to you at the Korsan Meze restaurant with the kitten in attendance. The kitten stayed on my lap during our meal ,one of the waitresses said it was being bullied by the other cats, and one took a swipe at it while it was on my lap. We took it to Maggi who looks after strays and heard it was doing ok. We have walked to Komerluk ok, but usually we get a taxi as we are too full of supper. All the best Allan and Chris.
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kormurluk Beach Clubs

Started by Kalkankiwi on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2009, 12:30:59 PM
by Jamera

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal