Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kisla  (Read 2312 times)

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Kisla
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »
We are staying in the Kisla area this year.  Are there any shops in the area for bread and other essentials?  By all accounts our villa is near the Villa Mahal.  Any assistance gratefully received,

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5198.0

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Kisla
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
Alshepuk,

We are immediately above Villa Mahal in Eagles Nest and within a 3 minute walk is the small Tempa supermarket just past the entrance to the Patara Prince resort. This has all your basics and is a very friendly service. He will also do deliveries for you eg large water bottles, if required. There is also a small shop over near the Fidunka Hotel that I think is part of Bob's Cafe. This also has most essentials. Hope this helps. KK

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:19:37 PM »
We are located in Patara Prince and always use this shop to get our essentials. I think it is slightly more expensive than the ones in town but is perfect for water, bread and a nice cool Efes when you arrive.

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
Thank you.  I asume that the shop opens at weekends.  On a different subject are there any reasonable price restauarnts in Kisla open in the evening?

Is there a Dolmus that runs into town?  I imagine that the taxis are quite expensive to run out there

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »
alshepuk, if you're using the beach clubs during the day, they won't mind if you use the water taxis later on to get into Kalkan - so it would just be a taxi ride back. We walk in and out of Kormurluk, which is nearer to Kalkan than Kisla of course, but perhaps its worth trying a walk in once, just to see if it's doable. We always pack a maglite for the walk back in the dark. Think you can eat at Firdanka - try the search facility as I think that this has been covered before.
We've often seen people with carrier bags of shopping coming from the Kisla direction and I always wondered where the little shop is because you can't see it from the road. We are staying the Patara Prince end of Kormurluk this time so might give that a try for some of our heavier items of shopping (BH's Efes ;D ;D)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 12:54:55 AM »
Hi alshepuk, there are 2 shops in kisla, one the size of a small UK corner newsagent and the other is a little bigger but both have the basics and they're open every day in season.
there are no restaurants as such, but you can get a meal at fidanka hotel and it might be better to book.
 If you don't know kisla it's about 2 kms from kalkan and on a very steep hillside, the boat taxis that run during the day are heaven sent, otherwise your a bit isolated and would need a hire car or have to rely on taxis. Have fun
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
kisla

Started by tshaddy on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post May 31, 2015, 09:01:02 AM
by Brandongirl
question
Kisla

Started by wendyg on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 09:55:21 AM
by Kalkankiwi
xx
Kisla

Started by Sulwath on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 09:49:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
recycled
KISLA

Started by josie on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post January 31, 2010, 03:40:45 PM
by casey

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The perfect view

Views: 3362
By: itstime
Omars 20/9/07