Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Aislinn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Kalkan
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:46:17 PM »
Hi,

I am flying to kalkan a week on saturday and havent been before, cant wait! everyone has so many good reports about kalkan.

I just have a few questions id like to ask, and the most important is...how many cigarettes and tobacco can you bring back from turkey, per person?!

Would anybody recommend the boat trip to watch the sunset, with just you and your partner, and the chef on board?

We are only going for five days, is it likely you can get a good tan in such a short time??!!

Is there anything else to recommend? different foods to buy from supermarket? kaputas beach, is it a must?!!! boat trips? where can we get good turkish delight from? ...anything else you have to say about kalkan, please tell me, as we are only going for 5 nights, we dont have time to hang about!!!!

Look forward to any replies,

Aislinn

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1895.0

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:29:48 AM »
Hi,

Cigarettes limit is 200, not sure about tobacco.

The boat trips are lovely but I have never been on a sunset one or a private one so I can''t recommend that, I personally like the sunken city boat trip.

The weather will be very hot, it is usually settled this time of year so not much chance of any rain, I''m sure you will get a nice tan.

Kaputas beach is a must and also Patara beach is well worth a visit, I would recommend a full day on Patara and maybe a couple of hours on Kaputas, there are no beds or toilets etc on Kaputas.

The best place to buy Turkish delight is the Merkez restaurant, they have a huge variety of different sorts and flavors, you can either buy the pre-boxed ones or picked whatever you like to be put in a box.

5 days is definitely not enough but I''m sure you will have a lovely time and fall in love with the place like the rest of us!

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »
There''s also a good turkish delight shop opposite the Ilban Restaurant (think it''s next to Deli Tomato?) on the main street just before you get to the moonlight bar.  You can buy pre-packaged boxes or pick your own, which is what I have to do cos I have to split between plain flavours and anything with nuts in them

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
Hi Aislinn''
You can take home 250 grams of tobacco. I have added the list of goods you can take home in the General Information Section at the start of this section.
As to getting the best tan, many regulars swear by (and often during) a Turkish Bath and Massage as soon as you start your holiday to prepare your skin for a long lasting tan.
There is also a very good stall selling Turkish Delight on the Thursday market but be careful how much you buy as it can add a lot of weight to your luggage!!!
As to the sunsets, I would say just watch it with your husband, unless of course the chef is particularly handsome, in which case, perhaps you shoul lose your hubby!!! LOL
You will have a wonderful time I am sure, what ever you decide to do.
Joan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
New to Kalkan

Started by Bri on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2014, 09:06:36 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Not been to Kalkan before

Started by Hampo12 on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post November 08, 2013, 06:55:27 PM
by Irene

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

dancing

Views: 2701
By: pw
Storm October 07