Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flight Prices/ Is Kalkan Expensive  (Read 2357 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Flight Prices/ Is Kalkan Expensive
« on: November 05, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
We have just returned from a visit to Kalkan traveling back via Istanbul to avoid a ridiculous £435  fare for the return flight. We also took the opportunity to spend our "saving" on 3 nights in Istanbul

The trip back including airfares and taxis to and from the airport in Istanbul cost us cost us £170 each a saving of £530, which more than covered 3 nights in a 5* hotel and spending money. It was also pretty stress free with good flight times and a comfortable trip home on a Turkish Airlines widebody jet. Definitely something we would do again.

Now to Kalkan prices. 

For years we have had guests, if not complaining about, at least, mentioning the high prices of food and drink in Kalkan. I usually repeated the lines I have heard about the very high tax on alcohol in Turkey and rising cost of living.

All of which left me wondering, on our first night in Istanbul, how it was we came to be sitting in a very pleasant bar in a trendy part of Kadikoy enjoying a large Tuborg costing just 13TL and later very good  cocktails at 30TL. Then over the next few days we had some truly excellent Turkish food at prices far below what we would pay in Kalkan. 

So yes Kalkan is expensive.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14315.0

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Flight Prices/ Is Kalkan Expensive
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
Realise this is reply is a bit late but have been busy. Yes Kalkan is & has been for sometime now very expensive. Its noted for it even amongst the Turks.
Not only is it expensive but there have been some rather greedy people doing some rather dishonest transactions. Have heard this year of incidents of over charging on purpose also customers paying for goods handing over their cash to be told by shop assistant the payment is 'short'. This is not just happening to Newbies to Kalkan but regular visitors which makes it even sadder. This is not how it used to be in Kalkan but greed sadly has taken over by quite a few businesses. :'(
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 08:33:37 AM »
Surely, verified incidents of systematic dishonesty/fraud should shared with group? If not, then as a community, we are effectively condoning and supporting businesses that should be avoided like the plague.
Appreciate this is a sensitive subject and perhaps needs specific moderation/vetting but surely no one wants to see others being systematically ripped off.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »
The only thing I have found expensive about a holiday to kalkan is the flight. But we could make this cheaper by flying at times that are less appealing to us. So we have to accept it. In all the years we have been going to kalkan we have only found the traders and restaurants prices fine. We have only ever had reason to complain about dodgy bills at one restaurant in the harbour and it happened for the third and final time we ate there. So we haven’t  eaten there since then. I think they play the odds so although they are apologetic They clearly are not bothered. We have a hire car delivered to dalaman every time we visit and never pay a penny till we have been on holiday for a few days. I know we could eat in many restaurants without having any money with us being told to sort it out tomorrow. Same in some shops. Long may the place stay the same.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flight prices...what's all that about ?

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post July 03, 2015, 08:52:01 AM
by onelove
xx
Flight prices

Started by Brooksie on Flights and Travel

65 Replies
Last post November 18, 2008, 08:29:52 PM
by RosiB
xx
2017 sept flight prices

Started by brian j p on Flights and Travel

21 Replies
Last post July 31, 2017, 09:08:02 PM
by DRBD
xx
Dalaman Flight Prices for 2010

Started by antler on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 10:15:49 PM
by antler

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal