Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Russab

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • Marine Electronics
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Climate change
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »
The issue of climate change is one that causes me deep disquiet.

Apart from reading about the complex issues and trying to reach an opinion on the practical actions that I as an individual could take, I joined the petition run by this organisation Avaaz.org - in the lead up to the Copenhagen conference. If you did not follow what was going on then it is worth having a look at their web site.

Having recently downsized and moved to a small bungalow in the UK – well a wreck really -  I also took the opportunity to try and get the highest energy rating I could when we refurbished – I was lucky in respect of having this opportunity. However, I am all too conscious that I increase my CO2 output by flying to and from our beautiful escape in Kalkan.....

Anyway I recommend looking at Avaaz.org’s web site in case you have not come across what they are doing and what they have achieved – I think it is commendable.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4846.0
Just chillin...

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Climate change
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:21:39 AM »
Aghh yes!! Copenhagen.... where the majority  of  delegates flew in by private jet?..(including Obama!)....and who can forget  Prince Charles a couple of years back  Flying Camillas shoes that she forgot 3,000 miles in the comfort of there own jet?.....Until they change i won't feel guilty about flying to Kalkan... ;) >:D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:36:27 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »
Climate change is a huge scam to extract even more tax from us.......If you deny it you are shouted down...its the new racism God help anyone that dares to question it...is there scientific proof...no only opinions....I believe the planet is still coming out of the ice age and will as its done over millions of years adapt.

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »
Well said, Misty!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »
I agree with you on that one Misty,a load of twoddle,global warming and freezing has happened every now and then, ever since time began,if it was something to do with all the pollution the leaders of the world would have done something about it by now and not waste money jetting around the world on private jets having a jolly every few months.
has anyone ever noticed all the summits are held in the nice places around the world,you never see a summit being held in Bradford,Rochdale or Bury or any of the places that are a bit off the tourist map !     >:( :o >:D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »
It is good to see there is a growing backlash against the new orthodoxy of climatechangeism.

Those of us who refuse to be brainwashed (and actually take the trouble to read the evidence on both sides of the argument) are called "flat-earthers" by Mr Brown and his flock.

There is actually more evidence to suggest that climate change is a natural process, than there is pointing to it being man-made. But politically it is extremely convenient to have a cause upon which to pin "green" tax rises.

The earth is currently carbon-deficient in historical terms.  The real problem is that, if the world's population soon gets to nine billion, as is predicted, we will need MORE carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, not less, in order to sustain the crops to feed them!

But to say that, of course, is heresy.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55:06 PM »
Wouldnt it be great if we could have snow to order,once a month,world wide,just a few inches,nothing to harsh,then the world would come to a stand still for 24 hours,no planes,no cars,buses or trains,no factories up and running,brilliant global warming sorted !  ;D >:D
Ive never seen this many people walking in Bury since I was a teenager, its great !  :laugh:

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 03:05:39 PM »
I think you might have something there... can they tax snow?

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »
While you may be correct, the sad facts are that icebergs are melting, seas will rise and there will be severe consequences just from these two events, however caused.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
While you may be correct, the sad facts are that icebergs are melting, seas will rise and there will be severe consequences just from these two events, however caused.

No-one is disputing that. It is whether or not it is in our power to change it that is the question. I suspect not. Perhaps we should be given tax rebates for building arks.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

exclamation
iPhone suffering in the climate

Started by hobbo on The Everything Else Area!

3 Replies
Last post August 09, 2012, 11:22:25 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
To change or not to change?

Started by Babs on Money & Finance

14 Replies
Last post March 11, 2015, 01:01:37 PM
by Cosetta
xx
flight change

Started by dylanleeds on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post June 29, 2010, 08:39:54 PM
by dylanleeds
xx
Change of Status

Started by Dorby Perry on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 02:41:12 PM
by Roxie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal