Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Attacked by dog  (Read 6808 times)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Attacked by dog
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
Of course most people in Kapsa know that the owner of said Hotels does indeed own a Dalmatian, however , without Footsie going and positively identifying that dog  (which may be difficult to do at the best of times let alone after so much time has elapsed,)  we cannot be sure that that Dalmatian was the one that attacked her. There are, after all several others in the area. A member of Kapsa did go to speak to that Dalmatian''s owner as soon as this posting was brought to our attention and his response was very positive. He said that although he would be very surprised if his dog had attacked anyone as he has never shown aggression towards people before, he would endeavor to keep the dog restrained from now on.
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline Queenie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »
Well done Kapsa.

After only 24 hours of being made aware of the problem, you''ve spoken to the owner. I for one am impressed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:38:18 AM by Queenie »

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »
That''s excellent news, thanks Saskia.

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
Brilliant! thanks Saskia

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 05:40:05 PM »
That is so good to know, that thanks to Saskia''s speedy intervention we won''t be bothered by that particular Dalmation anymore.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »
I have to agree with Sally,I dont think the amount of "strays" has increased,in may last year the amount
of dogs was a lot more,and the fact that people seem to see the same strays roaming about must say something,as no new ones are about,it looks like most of the "strays" are owned by locals who let them wander.
Also,I cant believe the owner of the dalmation was suprised that his dog had attacked someone,the dog is a complete nutter and needs sorting,one way or another,could be another dalmation,but the one I have seen causing havoc all over Kalkan is the one from the Asfiya .

Neil.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »
Yes well done to KAPSA, I''m sure it will be an uphill struggle but if such prominent dog owners as that would lead by example I''m sure it would go some way to easing the problem. I think that as someone pointed out in a previous post it seems that quite often it is not the ownerless street dogs that cause the problems but they take the brunt of the blame and the subsequent punishment whether that be having stones hurled at them or even worse!
Lets hope that the founding of KAPSA and the attention it has received will help raise awareness and hopefully more people will become involved.

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »
Thanks everyone, I should just put the record straight - it was not I that spoke to the Dalmatian''s owner but another member of Kapsa, I am only the mouthpiece for Kapsa on this forum and can''t take the credit.

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 02:50:37 AM »
What a shame talking to the owner didn''t do any good.
 I know this dog as it went for me once.
 It''s back on the streets causing its usual unpleasantness. I saw it yesterday.
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline footsie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
Hi
Thank you for all your comments; I never expected so much responce. (I am only responding now as I''ve been doing some travelling around Cappadocia and Antalya).

I went into the Belediyesi with a Turkish friend and he told them about the incident but as I expected they said the incident should have been reported when it happened and there was not a lot that could be done now and I suppose I agree with them.
I assume there are not many Dalmatians in Kalkan so hopefully anybody reading this post will now be careful if they do encounter any Dalmatians.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »
As the original poster has now resolved her original query, although perhaps not to her satisfaction, I am locking this thread.
Thank you
JoaN

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal