Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ATM's in Kalkan and at Dalaman Airport  (Read 6698 times)

Offline JEL

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
ATM's in Kalkan and at Dalaman Airport
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »
After being told that Travelers Cheques really aren't a good idea and no time to open a better bank account for oversea transactions i have decided to use a prepaid travel card to take my money. I have decided on the Travelex Cash Passport Globe ( details: http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/cash-passport-globe.aspx) as it seems to be the best deal around. It has no commition on withdrawing in foreign currency and has a usage fee of 1.49% with no minimum charge. If anyone knows of a better deal on one of these travel prepaid cards please let me know.

Anyway, the main question is are there many ATM's in kalkan, also are there any at dalaman airport as i will probably need to get some cash on my arrival. And is MasterCard widely used out there as this is what the travelex card uses, should there be any probs?

Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5796.0

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: ATM's in Kalkan and at Dalaman Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
There are at least 6 ATMs in Kalkan.Might even be more now.ATMs at the airport are outside the terminal,so don't go searching inside.As you go out of arrivals about 20m on your right just before the car park & the welcome desk/cabins. 

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
I was persuaded to take a travelex card last year, I think there are hidden fees and suggest you check it out at moneysavingexpert.com before going down that route. I managed to cancel mine by arguing that it was sold to me under false pretences (I had words with the man who persuaded me it was a good idea when I returned back to Birmingham airport. He did not argue!)
Toni

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:34:50 PM »
Most of the banks are grouped together up by Yali - Yapi is by the Samira Hotel and there are 2 stand alone ATM's in Kalkan now - one right under Mussaka restaurant (a bit too handy for shopping/eating and drinking to excess..)
We don't use credit cards in Kalkan, just ATM's and exchange sterling at PTT, but the Mastercard sign seems very visible everywhere you go, so think you'll be ok if you do go down that route. Before we had Santander Zero account we used our First Direct (HSBC) debit card to withdraw from the ATM's and it cost around £4 to withdraw £300 worth of TL with a pretty fair exchange rate...if you're weighing up options
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Getting to Dalaman Airport too and from Kalkan

Started by tiger on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post April 27, 2011, 06:16:43 PM
by tiger
xx
Duty free on the way to Kalkan - UK airport or Dalaman best?

Started by AlisonD on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post September 28, 2016, 01:48:55 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Share transfer from Dalaman airport to Kalkan - 9th Sept

Started by Web19 on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 04:35:19 PM
by Web19
xx
Dalaman Airport

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post May 23, 2019, 01:01:29 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Omars 20/9/07

Views: 5169
By: Wendy
early morning 1