Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 6 days and we'll be there! :D  (Read 2031 times)

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
6 days and we'll be there! :D
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

Is anybody going to be there 9th - 16th May??  Just wondered if the get together is a private party or can anyone join in?  ;)  6 days to go, I can''t wait!  Having heard and read lots of great stuff about Kalkan, I''m very excited.  The only thing I''m not looking forward to is the transfer, but I''ve been told it''s worth it.

What will the weather be like next week?  I''m going to start packing my suitcase tomorrow and not sure what to put in!

Has anyone eaten at Gironda?  Somebody recommended it to me but I was wondering what it''s like.  Lots of people have mentioned Aubergine, Coast and Ali Babas, so we might give those a whirl.

Also a lot of people have mentioned the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe, but we''re staying at the Samira Garden, does anyone know what that''s like?  It looks nice in the brochure.  Apparently it''s only tiny, so should be nice.

Are mosquitoes a big problem in May?  I''m always getting bitten on holiday  >:(

Thank you, hope to see some of you there!

Lauren x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1473.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: 6 days and we'll be there! :D
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 03:00:35 PM »
The transfer is fine, LozJay. You all ways get a loo/drink stop half way & if you''ve never been before (and it''s not dark :D) there is lots to see en route.

Haven''t eaten at Gironda but can recommend Ali Babas & any of the Korsans (Marina, Fish Terrace & Kebap).

ANd don''t know about Samira - try using the search facility as I''m sure lots has been said about it.

Have a wonderful time - I''m not jealous at all :D

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:03:25 PM »
Hi Lauren,
Welcome to the Forum. I am sure you will be more than welcome at the get-together, just add your name to the "guest list" in the Meet-up section on the Forum.
I am sure your transfer will be smooth. If it is a private transfer, just look out for the Drivers when you come out of the Airport. They will be holding cards with the names of the holidaymakers and usually the Company name, or the Reps will be there waiting as well.
You quite often find the drivers will stop half way for a comfort break at a cafe/restaurant/shop. I do not know what time you arrive but the view of Kalkan from the top of the road is spectacular.
Have a look at the Restaurant section, I am sure you will find reports on most of the places to eat in Kalkan, and also look in the Accommodation section re the Samira.
The weather is warming up nicely now. There is some excellent advice about avoiding mosquitoes bites on the forum, but they have started to spray regularly so hopefully they should not spoil your holiday too much.
Have a wonderful holiday
Joan

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:52:37 PM »
Hi Lozjay
So much to see on the transfer if during the day.   I like the bar at the Gironda great for a drink - but i find the food not up to the usual Kalkan standard.   The Ilyada at the port next to Trio is under new management and the food is excellent really worth a visit. Also Daphne''s great view good food and service.   And take yourself off to Adems on the Kas road - he will pick you up and bring you back if you give him a call. (don''t have the number to hand).  The food is mostly home grown - excellent.   The view is to die for - so early evening or lunch time so you can see it. Sit in the Merkz bar on the main drag in the village on the left - can''t miss it and watch the world go by - for an aperitif or late evening drink - they also do very good food if you don''t want a ''restaurant'' but the Olive Tree restaurant above is delightful and worth a visit to. Enjoy - Kalkan is wonderful - you will have a great time.
Pauline

Offline utah1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 01:22:51 PM »
Hi Lauren

We are also new to Kalkan and we fly out on 9th May.

Maybe we will see you there we are staying at the Lizo Pension.

Hope we meet up at the Get Together.

Have a great time anyway,.

Love

Gail

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
33 days to go

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

25 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
A few more days

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 03:56:19 PM
by lorilou
xx
Only 7 days to go !!!!!

Started by tessag41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
days out

Started by molly on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

8 Replies
Last post April 16, 2008, 07:47:33 PM
by Lorretta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Merkez 2015

Views: 2924
By: kalkan4eva
EK 70s Night