Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 1st timers  (Read 2375 times)

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
1st timers
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »
Hi there
I will be coming to kalkan in a few weeks time and wanted my mind put at rest. When walking past the restaurants and bars do they pester you to try and get you to go in. Having experienced this in other parts of the world, my other half gets very annoyed with it and I wanted this to be a nice relaxing holiday.
Many thanks
Skauser

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6106.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: 1st timers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »
you will be 'invited' to look at menus but you won't be pestered, a polite smile and a no thanks if you are not interested will be greeted with a friendly smile back......have a great holiday

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »
Hi Scauser, whilst walking thru' town the greeters will ask you to look at their menus, they obviously want your business, there is lots of competition, but Kalkan generally operates a "no hassle" policy, we have found that if you put your hand to your chest, dip your head slightly and say 'no thank you' they will respect that and bid you a good night. Please repect the fact that they are just doing a job, walking past and ignoring them is just rude and unnecessary.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline frangaz16

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:36:55 PM »
Hi Scauser,
I agree with the other replies you have had.  Most of the Matre D's will ask you to take a look at their menu boards but they do not take offence when you do not use their restaurants.  Also the restaurants will endeavour to accommodate any special dietary requirements if needed. If it makes you feel better just say "we have just eaten thank you" and they will then reply "maybe next time" smile and let you go on your way. There are a lot of restaurants to visit and some are better and cheaper than others, so shop around if on a tight budget. The Cafe Del Mar is a wonderful coffee house and the Apple Pie is to die for and I must admit I did over indulge during our stay in June, but the walk up the slopes soon worked off those extra pounds.  Enjoy your holiday and don't let eating out spoil your trip. Kalkan is a very relaxed place so enjoy.
Fran

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:12:27 AM »
We generally say "no thank you we have eaten already"..they aren't a problem ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:24:37 AM »
I agree with all the above, we took friends last year who had been to other parts of Turkey and they were amazed how relaxed and friendly the Matre D's are. We usually say we are booked in at another \Restaurant (which is usually true) and they just come back with a friendly "maybe next time" no hassle.

M

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 09:37:58 AM »
Many thanks for all your comments, you have put my mind at rest. I'm counting the days already, really enjoying reading the posts on here finding them very useful. ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
first timers

Started by scooby555 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post April 27, 2013, 05:36:33 PM
by scooby555
xx
Two Timers

Started by Sarah S on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post October 17, 2018, 07:35:42 PM
by Sarah S
xx
Ecosense Air Con timers

Started by Rosie on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post October 24, 2010, 03:30:49 PM
by Rosie
xx
Air conditioning timers

Started by Kalkan Magic on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 01:13:17 PM
by Kalkan Magic

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan News

Views: 8323
By: misty
Me!