Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish Airlines Connection  (Read 2134 times)

Offline kalkan299

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Turkish Airlines Connection
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

In a few weeks I will be travelling from Heathrow - Istanbul - Dalaman with Turkish Airlines. There is a 5 hour wait at Istanbul (which I am not looking forward to considering I am travelling alone!) but I was just wondering whether I pick my suitcase up at Istanbul and check it in again, or whether I just see it in Dalaman?? I am quite worried about my suitcase getting lost!

Thanks! :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4934.0

Offline tigertim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Turkish Airlines Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
Hi  I dont think you should have any problems and if you are travelling to Dalaman on a connecting flight as far as im aware you dont have to collect your luggage and check it in again it should all be done for you. Also ive spent many an hour alone at Dalaman and Antalya Airport so dont worry you will be fine!! Just enjoy the people watching and be prepared to take out a mortgage for any refreshments you might need while your waiting!!  Have fun enjoy Kalkan!!!!

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:53:56 AM »
You need to be aware that if the flight is a domestic flight from Istanbul, it may come into the domestic terminal at Dalaman. Your bags will be transferred to the International terminal for customs. The airline then takes you to collect them. If you are not aware, this seeming confusion and your lack of bagage arriving on the domestic carousel can cause worry(panic).They will tell you or you can ask to be sure.

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:20:34 PM »
I've used this route on a number of occasions and it works well.  The first thing to note is that you officially enter Turkey at Istanbul so head to the Visa and immigration desks when you enter the terminal from the aircraft.  Once you have your Visa pass through immigration and make your way to the Domestic terminal.  This is a bit of a trek, up and down stairs and escalators, till you finally arrive.  On arrival in the Domestic terminal, you need to go to the Turkish Airline desk to confirm your flight and let them know that you are in the departure lounge.  The facilities are noticeably better than Dalaman and a bit cheaper but still expensive.  On the plus side, unlike Dalaman International terminal, there are plenty of seats.

When the plane lands in Dalaman, in my experience, you get on to a bus along with all international transit passengers directly from the plane and are taken to the International terminal where you arrive as though you had come off an international flight.  You need to go through the immigration desks then to the carousel to pick up your luggage.

On the return journey go directly to the Domestic terminal at Dalaman where they will check you in for both flights and check your luggage straight through to London.  On arrival at the Domestic terminal in Istanbul there is a desk for transit passengers.  You then have to make the long trek to the International terminal and go through passport control.  The International departure area has lots of shopping opportunities (expensive) and plenty of eating and drinking places (not extortionate).

Turkish Airlines provide an excellent on-board service, the planes are comfortable with good legroom and the food is better than most.  You'll enjoy it.

Have a good flight!

Alan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish airlines

Started by JACQUIVIVA on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post June 28, 2008, 11:32:50 AM
by JACQUIVIVA
xx
Turkish Airlines

Started by Brooksie on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2008, 09:16:28 AM
by felicity
xx
Turkish Airlines to Antalya

Started by Pompeyalbie on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post December 30, 2018, 12:28:47 PM
by Chris_S
xx
Kibris Turkish Airlines

Started by Jacdav on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post November 08, 2008, 04:52:37 PM
by samson

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm

Views: 3754
By: jinfizzz
Fener(light house)