Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish airline  (Read 4363 times)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Turkish airline
« on: February 07, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »
Just booked for a trip to Kalkan to deal with the paperwork now required for letting. Looking forward to the extra visit and thinking of places to eat.

We are trying Turkish Airline for the first time.   They sound good but I have one or two questions.   We have 3 1/5 hours on arrival at Istanbul for the change of plane so not worried about that.   On return we only have two hours between arrival in domestic terminal in Istanbul until our flight to UK.   Please set my mind at rest that we have enough time!    Luggage will go straight to UK so we don't have to carry it with us, just hand baggage.

Also do we need to allow two hours at Dalaman for checking in on a domestic flight?   Perhaps we will as our luggage will have to be checked in to go all the way to UK.

Look forward to hearing from any of you who have been using this route.      Many thanks for any help you can give

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13900.0

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Turkish airline
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
We flew Dalaman to Istanbul and then Birmingham in October. Flights on time and meals and drinks on both planes free. Landed at Istanbul on time but the worst part was the distance to the International terminal and then the chaos of security. Perhaps things are a little easier at this time of year and even in the departure lounge we were subject to extra security checks. Shouldn't complain because I know security is important but when you think you've got plenty of time it soon disappears.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:38:57 PM »
Did the 2 trips this time last year, no problems really, returning a bit of a que8 at passport contorl & security check was a  rather manic but managed it in time for a bit of a chill out before being bused to plane.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:32:05 PM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Mike

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »
Has anyone connected flights at Sabiha Gökçen between UK to/from Dalaman? I understand its a smaller airport but how long would you allow for the transfer?  I know from the UK the low cost Pegasus uses this airport as its hub and have plenty of flights for the winter season but some of the link up flights seem to have rather short connection times however the online system lets you book both flights together as a single booking giving the impression that the transfer time is sufficient. 

I wonder as its one booking contract if you missed the connection due to some delay (eg simply just getting thru the airport queues - like passport/security) will the airline cover you and rebook you on the next flight free of charge - has anyone been in this unfortunate situation? 

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
Mike

Have done that route with Pegasus from Stansted. The incoming flight at Stansted was delayed which meant we were late taking off but we were told not to worry as SAW is the main hub for Pegasus so the connecting flights would wait. It wasn't a problem.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has posted on this.   I look forward to trying out Turkish Airlines and will hope all goes fairly smoothly at the change of planes in Istanbul.

Anyone else come up with any helpful tips about the change over, particularly on the leg back to UK, I would be grateful.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 12:57:14 PM »
I too have a question in this vein.  I have seen a flight with Turkish from Dalaman via Istanbul into Birmingham.  The connection time is only 1.25 hrs which seems a bit of a stretch..... I am not sure if I am imagining things but I seem to recall that on the walk from the domestic to international terminal there was a route for travellers that had a limited connection time.... is this right?

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »
I think the main problem is the time taken to get through passport control . We did Dalaman to Birmingham via Istanbul and that was our only real problem.

Offline Mike

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:27:49 PM »
Haybo,

I dont have a lot of experience using the Istanbul route. I did read that you can buy a Fast Track pass discounted via Pegasus site which avoids the queues ie Sabiha Gökçen Airport.  I guess Ataturk Airport will have a similar system but being a bigger and more modern airport maybe the queues and congestion are managed better (?).    I hope winter off peak times will be a breeze anyway - will soon know  ::)

Mike

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »
Appreciate this is not  a Turkish airways  related answer or update  ::::::  I note Thomas cook  start  a weekly    Manchester -  Dalaman  service from beginning March , great prices for March before season starts :: one way out £45   weeks return £90, mind you how can anyone spend just a single week in heaven !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:38:08 AM by brian j p »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Best Airline?

Started by Gaynor Chandler on Flights and Travel

20 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 10:34:56 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Which airline.... and 2009!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

37 Replies
Last post September 01, 2008, 01:58:49 PM
by Mister Barnacle
xx
New airline from manchester

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post October 21, 2008, 05:29:45 PM
by sally
xx
saga airline

Started by itstime on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 08:26:07 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 4543
By: irfan
early morning 2