Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Transfer Dalaman/Kalkan  (Read 1888 times)

Offline bryher

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Transfer Dalaman/Kalkan
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
I have just read post from jstjdsunshine and I fear that shopping will be the least of his problems if using a kalkan taxi to collect at Dalaman. The current situation is that all 07 plate taxis are stopped at the Police post and refused entry if just collecting from arrivals. It also applies apparently to most Fethiye and Marmaris taxis. The local rule enforced by the Police is that only Dalaman taxis can collect from arrivals. Even written proof of flight,name etc is unacceptable.
My 3 friends and I have used the same 3 kalkan taxi drivers for, in my case 7 years. Now a Dalaman driver is saying I must use him, at an increased fare of 190ytl or one of the tourist company cars or mini-buses who must be delighted at the restriction.
I have no wish to use either and certainly would not want a totally strange Dalaman driver. We know the driving ability and trust our usual taxi.
The ridiculous solution is that our driver must have a passenger on entry, his wife or a friend, and then no problem. Only to me if we are 3 passengers.
Three weeks ago I took my wife to the airport, at the gate the Police took all of the drivers papers and was told to report on way out. The fact that I was in the taxi caused great consternation and only with difficulty and the return of the original officer could we convince them that I was not an arrival.
Dalaman has always had an atmosphere unlike friendly Antalya, but this is really offensive. Democracy and choice in Turkey but not the Taxi Drivers democratic republic of dalaman it seems.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1727.0

Offline jstjdsunshine

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Transfer Dalaman/Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
Bryher
Thanks for your post i am using a company called Enes to do the transfer, do you think that will be classified as a taxi ? And also as a Kalkan regular do you have any advise on the late night supermarket dash part of my question ?

Offline bryher

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Transfer Dalaman/Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:32:36 PM »
You are quite O.K. with Enes they are classed as a Tour Operator not Taxi.  There are several small local minimarkets on the road particularly around the Fethiye ring road. If you tell your driver I am sure he will go in and help you as it is unlikely english will be spoken. You will however be treated extremely well, so take the free cup of tea you will inevitably be offered.
Then enjoy beautiful Kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Transfer from Dalaman to Kalkan

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post December 23, 2009, 03:25:00 PM
by Bdancer
xx
Transfer Share 1 February - Dalaman to Kalkan

Started by loobie on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 11, 2010, 05:32:07 PM
by loobie
xx
Kalkan to Dalaman transfer share 2nd October

Started by federer on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 11:23:35 AM
by federer

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

miss begonvil

Views: 596
By: Begonvil
Cool Mountain Air