Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tranfer times  (Read 1926 times)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Tranfer times
« on: July 04, 2013, 10:15:23 AM »
Hi can any one tell me if the transfer times from Dalaman airport have changed now . When we were in Kalkan in 2011 there was a new bit of road being built that apparently will cut the journey time to an hour and 20 mins has this been completed now .
Also i know the exchange rate seems to be really good at the mo but have the prices in Kalkan gone up much since a couple of years ago.
Thanks Craig

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11270.0

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Tranfer times
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:52:59 PM »
road is finished but transfer time is about an hour and a half. the biggest price increase we have noticed is on booze because of the tax this year. last night we paid 11tl for a glass of wine in a popular restaurant. have got it at 9tl in other places but most are charging between 30tl to 40tl a bottle. there are some who are doing it cheaper. depends where you are eating. hope this helps  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
hi craig3166, the new road into Kalkan was finished a few years prior to your last visit so in terms of transfer times you may have noticed the difference then - not going through Yesilkoy did shave a bit of time off the journey :)
The roadworks in 2011 on the D400 were on the Kas Road so if you stay past Kalkan in Komurluk, Patara Prince or Kisla you might expect the road would improve your access but sadly it does not...the service road to these places has yet to be surfaced and you need to go pretty slow in car along it  >:(
Not sure if there were roadworks anywhere else along the transfer route that you might be referring to....?
We did find it more expensive in Kalkan this year for everything...to be honest (except the cost of sunbeds and parasol on the Town Beach which still remains at 7tl :))
11tl for a glass of wine seemed the norm in the places we went - definitley cheaper at Ozalp's new terrace bar areas this year. Efes varied from 6tl to 11tl, spirits with a mixer around 10tl-15tl and cocktails from 15tl - stupid tl

It didn't seem that long ago that Lal was 12tl a bottle but now its around 20tl in the supermarkets and we thought meat was more pricey this year too.

That said, best ever exchange rate of 2.92 to £

Have a great holiday and don't forget to tell us about it... :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses . hour and a half is still better than the original hour and 50mins ,should still make it in time for an effes or two at the hotel bar then .  :laugh:
shame about the costs rising so much when we first went 4 years ago was getting a large beer at 4 tl i think , never mind tho still tastes better in kalkan than in england

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
bus times and days

Started by sarahxxx on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 08:36:36 AM
by The Engineer
xx
Times of postings

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post November 13, 2009, 03:47:08 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Travel Times

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post August 31, 2009, 11:03:58 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Email response times

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 03, 2009, 07:10:51 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal