Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 10320 times)

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Thomas Cook
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
Does anyone have an email address for Thomas Cook, please? I've tried to email through their website, but that doesn't work.
They have changed my flight to Dalaman on 1st November three times and cancelled the flight back on 22nd. I would like to ask if there are going to be any more changes.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6114.0

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Thomas Cook
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
Hi  Sorry I don't have Thomas Cook email but we are also looking at 1 - 22 Nov or perhaps 23rd.  We booked to go out with Easyjet, expecting there to be TC flights back on 22/23 Nov. but can't find any.  What are TC suggesting to you about the return flight on 22 Nov, have you been offered an alternative?

Many thanks

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 07:04:45 PM »
we had our new year flight cancelled by TC, when I telephoned using the number given in the email, I was told that the outbound flight on 27th December was still going but the homeward flight from Dalaman on 10th January had been cancelled, they transferred me to a homeward flight from Antalya on the 11th keeping the same price. A bit of an inconvenience but at least I get my 2 weeks.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
I've re-booked to come home on 15th. As a gesture of goodwill, TC won't be charging me the difference in the cost of the flights! Very generous of them!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:40:31 AM »
Haven't had any flights cancelled but have had changes to flights for Nov & Christmas, with TC, very strange !
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »
The time of my flight to Dalaman on 1st November was changed again on 7th August and the time of the return flight has been changed today. Six changes in all! It's costing a fortune in printer ink and paper, printing all these revised tickets.
Thomas Cook said there shouldn't be any more changes, but can't guarantee it.
I'm getting more and more fed up with TC.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
Tatile - my sentiments exactly re the printer ink/paper, have just had yet another notification today of change to times of flights, this is the 5th so far.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »
The moral of the story, which I have only started to follow this year, is don't print anything until the day before you travel!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
I'd have thought the moral of the story was not to book with Thomas Cook... ???
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 09:46:10 PM »
Yes it could be but from my experience they aren't the only company to change their flights (4 times for one of our flights earlier this year) so I still stick to the ultimate moral being to not print your tickets until you are ready to fly.

Offline amares

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
I have just had an e-mail from Thomas cook saying that they are not flying to Dalaman in the winter months due to the route no longer being viable - I assume this is just the winter.  We wanted to go out in November - anyone have any ideas?  We fly from Gatwick or Stansted.  We can't understand why this route is being axed as the planes were always full whenever we flew with them in the winter.

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 02:20:52 PM »
It's rather a long transfer to Kalkan but you will probably find that there are flights to Antalya even if there aren't any to Dalaman.  I used that route with Thomas Cook in winter a couple of years ago.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »
amares, have you already booked your flights for November? and  was the email telling you that they had been cancelled?

Just wondering because we have flights booked for the 12Th November but leaving from Manchester!

It will be a pity if they stop flying through the winter to Dalaman, and like you say the flights are always full!!!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
I had been told this morning that Thomas Cook weren't flying to Dalaman through the winter so I have been on Skyscanner to see what's available - and it looks like its partly true.

The only flights (with availability) going out of Manchester in November are in the first couple of days and then on 12th, 15th and 19th (all of them are very expensive), then the next flight is 17th December.  The flights from Dalaman to Manchester are on the first few days and then only on 17th, 18th 24th, and 27th, with the next one after that being 17th December. 

It looks like it is going to be very difficult/expensive to fly to Dalaman over the winter this year.

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline leesyloo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »
Hi, I've flown many times with Thomas Cook from Manchester to Dalaman & had no problems but can't get the flights I want for December.  I have however found flights on Aegeanflights.com.  24th Dec to 3rd Jan; £350 ish.  Never used them before, if anyone has can you let me know if they're any good. Don't know if you can use this mail address I got it to confirm my flight?? flythomascook <yourseat@flythomascook.com>
Thanks

Offline amares

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 05:22:04 PM »
We hadn't booked our flights, we usually go out for a couple of weeks in November to check our property and do a bit of work.  This Thomas Cook business is a real blow, I don't know any other charter airline that goes from the London airports.  We can drive from Antalya but its one long trek...... can't imagine that Kalkan residents are very pleased either.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »
We were told by some locals that Dalaman would not be open to international flights over the winter, however it does seem that they might open up for the Christmas flights. We used Onar Air to come out for New Year, 2010 It was not the best experience I have ever had as they actually cancelled our flights (without telling us) and reallocated us to a Pegasus flight, which we only discovered by chance and after a lot of harrowing conversations at various check in/information desks at Manchester which was very stressful. So my advice would be if if you use Onar air make sure you keep checking in the run up to your departure
Isis

Offline tigertim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
  I totally agree!!
I have been trying to find flights to and from Dalaman -Gatwick for the same time as last year with Thomas Cook!
As of today i have still not been able to find anything.  As stated, when i flew out last Nov and also the previous Nov the flights were full.
All the information i have been given is to book a flight to Antalya which is fine apart from the fact that the transfer is so much longer and obviously more expensive!!!  :-(   ???

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »
We are using Pegasus to return to Stansted on Nov 22, they are flying in and out of Dalaman Nov and Dec.  They stop in Istanbul though we have booked through from Dalaman to London so hopefully we and our bags will make the conection.  Surprisingly the overall flight time is 4 hours even with the stop over.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 07:30:07 PM »
We've flown with Pegasus a few times (www.flypgs.com). We have no complaints! They fly from Stansted and Gatwick with an Istanbul change but as we can fly from our local airport (Stansted) the overall travel time is no longer than a direct flight from say Gatwick or Heathrow. They also include 20kg luggage in the quoted price.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Thomas Cook - who would fly with them

Started by clashgour on Flights and Travel

29 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 08:50:56 AM
by DRBD
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by taurus on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 16, 2014, 02:57:46 PM
by samson
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by Pompeyalbie on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post December 05, 2018, 12:12:26 AM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Thomas Cook

Started by misty on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post June 26, 2010, 10:31:41 AM
by Tatilde

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal