Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Soda Stream ?  (Read 3854 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Soda Stream ?
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
I want to bring a Soda Stream ( including the gas canister ) out to KK and am a bit worried if it is safe ( allowed ) to put in with my hold luggage ?  Can anyone advise me please ?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13054.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Soda Stream ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »
Best people to ask is the airline I should imagine, they don't like any sort of aerosols in luggage normally. Better to ask than have it taken off you at the airport.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
I want to bring a Soda Stream ( including the gas canister ) out to KK and am a bit worried if it is safe ( allowed ) to put in with my hold luggage ?  Can anyone advise me please ?

Thanks for your reply DRBD. Yeah I realise I should ask the airline but, I'm sure they will say it's not allowed ( you know what airlines are like ! ) So just thought someone may of already taken one out & was hoping they could advise on how they got on ??? Or something similar ?

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:58:14 AM »
Onelove I dont quite get your point. You asked if it was safe to take a soda stream on the plane. Someone gave you the right advice "phone the airline". You ignore that because they will tell you "no it is not safe". You ignore that and then ask this Forum for their views? If the airline tells you " no" surely that is the advice you follow?

Offline JonJon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:15:26 AM »
My understanding is that a Sodastream cylinder exceeds the "safe" size for CO2 gas.  It will certainly be removed from hand baggage!
If it's picked up by x-ray of checked baggage you'll be in the mire! The worst case scenario is that you'll be off the flight - & the airline could ban you from future flights.  The suitcase may, of course, be the subject of a "controlled explosion"!!!!!
Airlines are in charge & have rules in place - ignore them at your peril!  Ask first - it makes sense.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
Well happy days, I consider myself well & truly told off  :( :( :o

Just to clarify the reason I asked the forum members & Not the airline is.....if you were to ask the airline would it be ok / safe to leave your mobile phone on during the flight they would say a Big No...but we all know it's ok & is not going to cause the plane to crash...don't we ???

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
My understanding is that a Sodastream cylinder exceeds the "safe" size for CO2 gas.  It will certainly be removed from hand baggage!
If it's picked up by x-ray of checked baggage you'll be in the mire! The worst case scenario is that you'll be off the flight - & the airline could ban you from future flights.  The suitcase may, of course, be the subject of a "controlled explosion"!!!!!
Airlines are in charge & have rules in place - ignore them at your peril!  Ask first - it makes sense.

Thank you JonJon, sound advise......I will leave it at home.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
I've just had a look on the sodastream website and it says that unless you're travelling on a private jet, leave it at home.  ;D

http://compliant.sodastream.com/node/94
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:06:55 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »
I've just had a look on the sodastream website and it says that unless you're travelling on a private jet, leave it at home.  ;D

http://compliant.sodastream.com/node/94

Well that's done it......Thanks Liz x. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Soda Water

Started by The Engineer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 01:39:52 PM
by baklavabuddy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Troy

Views: 3588
By: blondie
Kalkan