Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Most popular changeover day ?  (Read 8100 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Most popular changeover day ?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »
I think the standard of clean is better if not hurried as well..guests leaving in Am newbies arriving Pm?...we have certainly arrived in shall we say not very clean surroundings and when we have spoken to the agent been told they were in a hurry...we have also had wet/damp bedsheets on more than i occasion ,being not given long enough to dry..(they should have more than i set shouldn't they?)although owners are very much in the hands of management companys /cleaners etc..while i appreciate gaps cost money i won't book a non flexible place anyway as explained earlier, it does not fit in with my needs and have changed in the past due to this being introduced...give me what i want and i will return every year as a regular guest if i'm happy (often booking a year ahead for at least 1 visit)
luckily choice is vast as are various stipulations so i look for what i want and have no difficulty finding it as a rule ;)

Couldn't agree more BL. Also now with almost daily flights people are not looking for 7/14 days only but trying to squeeze as many days as possible into their holiday. Thankfully I've not had a problem so far with flexibility of days and am absolutely delighted with the accommodation I've been using a couple of times a year for many years now (Thanks Linda at Abi  :) )

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
We have flexible changeover days and try to 'encourage' clients to book so that they but-up to an existing booking, sometimes suggesting alternative flights etc.. so far we have found this successful and have managed to have a max of 7 non viable days during the season (and 4 of those are because of our holiday and OH work commitments!) I have been pleasantly surprised at how accommodating our clients have been. However same day changeovers require 2 sets of linen and a very good service team (they may need to changeover several villas the same day so need to be planned, resourced and well managed)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 05:51:03 AM »
Agree with Hobbo,   Guests are very understanding regarding changeover days / times, never had a real problem.   We advertise 10 00 o'clock check-out and 16 00 o'clock check-in ( most times we can do better than advertised times, but NEVER longer ) to be fair no different to hotels all over the world !.  We allow a min of 6 hours to FULLY clean the villa, we also have 2 of everything ( bedding etc)
so no wet bed sheets etc ;-))

'Special Offers'.....we have had a few .....5 / 6 / 9 / 11 and one 13 night stays where we have discounted the full cost by a night or 3.......works well, no problems for us and suits guests to be flexible, so much better than having empty nights with no dosh !  If someone books say, 6 nights ( because thats all we have for the dates wanted) we offer to book a hotel for the first / last night (7 night holiday) which the guests pay out of their saving ( say 10 guests x 5 double rooms....£125 ) we also offer transfers free of charge from hotel to the villa.

Money is VERY tight out there as we all know and people are now looking for deals.....so we offer them  8) 8) 8)

Thanks.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »
Should of read...........10:00 check-out  /  16:00 check-in  :P     If guests arrive early / leave late ( flight times) we always look after them either at the villa or we find (and pay) them somewhere to stay until the villa is ready or its time to make that -sad- journey back to Dalaman.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:06:54 AM by onelove »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
Another problem we have encountered is the flights we usually book arrive at 21.00hrs Dalaman...going back is roughly the same 21.00 ..i don't want to drag my bags around to another hotel living out of a case virtually losing the last day of my hard earned hols having been oiked out of my accommodation at 10 am..at the time of booking i always request that on departure day i can stay till about 5 pm..we can swim sunbathe and relax then shower ensuring those next to us on the plane have a flagrant flight :-* .....The owners have been very nice and have refused extra offered payment,(i assume it was factored into the price when we gave our dates along with the request to stay on departure day?) it always adds to the we will go back attitude we tend to adopt ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:19:16 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 08:33:45 AM »
Hi All,

If you log into the accommodation section as an owner you will now see there is a button for Special Offer allowing you to promote your property. As the main website is getting re-worked I shall ensure this is incorporated in there also.

Hope that helps
Jon  :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:30 AM »
I loged in to the accommodation section (as an owner), but cant see a 'special offers' botton  ??? 8) ???

Thanks. 

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »
Ive added it to the Rates tab :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:53 AM »
No doubt you have and thanks for adding it.......but I still cant find it  :(

I was thinking more along the lines of having it on the page that shows all the topics on EK...ie : 'Holiday Reports'  'Introduce Yourself' etc etc       New heading.... "Special offers on rental accommodation"  ??? 8) ???  ( I think it would prove to be very popular ! )

So members can just post as normal....... ie :  5 night stay ( 20th until 24 th Aug ) normal cost...£300...special offer....£200 + villa/app website  +  please PM me for more details.....simples  8) ;D 8)

Thanks.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
I like it OneLove.... so much so, its done :)

http://enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?board=69.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
........ but I have put a few rules in place to ensure it doesnt just become littered with adverts :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 10:54:12 AM »
Thanks very much Jon.   You can only see how it goes, if its abused remove it  ;)

I just think its a good idea for everyone......

Owners get a chance to sell "Hard to sell" dates.   Using a simple format.

Holiday makers get a chance of a deal....if they are flexible.  Even if they are not members.

And EK get's a load more visitors/members..... happy days  8) >:D 8)

Thanks. 

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 10:56:46 AM »
Not a problem at all, its a good idea :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 11:04:43 AM »
Im moving some of the boards about a bit to make everything a bit easier to find

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »
Hi Jon,

Can you add the word  'Accommodation' to.... special offers,  please  ???

Thanks.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
Done,

If you do a refresh does that seem better :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »
Thats perfect thanks Jon.    Also good for selling dates your struggling to sell / early, late season / bookings not so good so need to promote deals, cancellations etc etc  8)

Thanks.

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »
Agree with Anne - we have always had to hang out hats on a particular day & we chose Friday - when you get back from your hols there's nothing worse that luggage lying around the house for days cos you've had to go straight back to work - I prefer to land back on a Friday / Sat am early so I have the wekeend to get set for the next week.  Its been fine for us for the last 8 years and we've see no reason to change our booking policy so far.  However, friends this year are switching to a Sat - I guess that way guests only need to take 5 days leave?  So watching to see if this is successful, but by the same token we already have bookings for 2013 and so we will stay with Friday at least until then

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal