Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Most popular changeover day ?  (Read 8103 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Most popular changeover day ?
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »
Hi,

Can someone answer a couple of questions for me please... ???

I was wondering what is the most common arrival / departure day for visitors to Kalkan ?

Is if diff for diff regions ....ie : London ...say, Fridays.      North west...Tuesdays.  ???

One last question......if you had a choice which day would you rather travel on  ???

Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9079.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Most popular changeover day ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
From leeds/Brafdord it would be Mondays & Fridays ie when Jet2 fly.

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
Gatwick ...Tuesdays...shift pattern dictates...... holidays weaved amongst days off stretch longer ;) ....
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
We use easyjet from Gatwick which flies everyday except Thursday...we don't have a preferred day but work it out by choosing cheapest flights to get maximum days...if you see what I mean?
I think Thomas Cook, Thomson and Monarch still fly on Mondays from Gatwick but may be wrong!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »
Used to be easier to predict many years ago when you always knew "transfer day" as restaurants that night were always quiet and busy again the following night with new visitors. I think now with so many flights going in and out of Dalaman on a daily basis it's much more difficult to pin it down to specific days.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
Certainly Thomas Cook still fly on Mondays from Gatwick to Dalaman.   We have gone with Mondays as our normal change over day as at one time it seemed to be the most usual day.

Mondays seem to have worked for our guests who have flown from various airports to Dalaman.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
It's Monday with EasyJet from Stansted. I notice that quite a few apartments and villas ask for Monday changeover as it seems to be the most common.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
Just checked and flights from Glasgow are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
Forgot to say that when looking for accommodation we look for flexibility as since we have been booking independently haven't stayed for the standard week or fortnight.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:49:14 AM »
Thanks for replies.   Anyone know what is the most common changeover day for villa / appt's that advertise a changeover day on their websites ?

Thanks.   

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
We are serial renters and only book ones that are flexible on dates..that way we can plan what suits us and add extra days if we like ;)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »
EK, what is Addas busiest day for transfers ? 

Thanks. 

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
Mr Lizard, you said exactly what I was trying to say, I don't think we would book accommodation that wasn't flexible.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
Ditto Babs and Mr Lizard!

From Manchester, we usually fly with either Thomas Cook or Monarch. This year we are flying with Monarch, departing on a friday and coming home on a monday. We have been with jet 2 and had great, comfortable flights, but for the past few years have found them more expensive. Basically, mon, wed and friday's, saturday and sundays seem to be popular days to fly. Gone are the days of every flight departing/arriving on a monday as used to be the case with Thomas Cook. We look for flexibility from a villa owner.   :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 05:11:36 PM »
OneLove, it used to be Saturdays and Mondays but it is now very steady throughout, mainly because airlines seem to cover the whole week based on different departure points. Antalya transfers have also picked up adding additional flight days - Never looked if the flights are cheaper myself though.

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
The trouble is as a villa owner renting out, you really want people to arrive and depart on the same day, otherwise if you are flexible on arrival/departure days you have gaps of a few days between guests which significantly reduces income.  We have a preferred Monday changeover and other than the very beginning or end of the season we are inflexible on this.  I really appreciate how irritating this can be for people renting but if I am running a business I can't afford to have gaps of 4 or 5 days which I can't rent out.  However this year I have noticed a lot more people asking for Saturday changeover and I can see it is often preferable to take Sat to Sat off work instead of Monday to Monday.  So it is interesting to see what flights there are from which UK airports on which day. Maybe next year I could switch to Saturday to Saturday.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »
I agree with Anne - it's important to maintain transfer days otherwise you can have huge gaps in which case prices would need to be adjusted upwards to compensate for these unnecessarily unpaid for spaces. For us, those who book earliest, say a year in advance, we will be more flexible but as the calendar books up, it has to be increasingly strict. We usually have transfer days as Mondays or Fridays depending on whichever one the season starts with. I understand it can be frustrating for guests who now have far more choice of flight days.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
I think the standard of clean is better if not hurried as well..guests leaving in Am newbies arriving Pm?...we have certainly arrived in shall we say not very clean surroundings and when we have spoken to the agent been told they were in a hurry...we have also had wet/damp bedsheets on more than i occasion ,being not given long enough to dry..(they should have more than i set shouldn't they?)although owners are very much in the hands of management companys /cleaners etc..while i appreciate gaps cost money i won't book a non flexible place anyway as explained earlier, it does not fit in with my needs and have changed in the past due to this being introduced...give me what i want and i will return every year as a regular guest if i'm happy (often booking a year ahead for at least 1 visit)
luckily choice is vast as are various stipulations so i look for what i want and have no difficulty finding it as a rule ;)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
I think been flexible with changeover days is best for bookings. If you end up with odd number of days ( not full weeks) offer them as special offers.... 5 nights for the price of 3 1/2.     12 nights for the price of 10 etc. We find it works.  It's prob a case of swings and roundabouts
 ??? 8) ???
Maybe a "Special Offer" section on EK for holiday deals ?

Thanks.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
This is an interesting thread.    We started using Mondays as changeover day  because of the flight availability but I can see with so many flights guests would like more flexibility.   We have normally been fully booked so a fixed Monday must work for many people (and most of our guests are now repeats).   But at the end of the day happy guests are returning guests, as Blue Lizard says, and maybe it is time to have a rethink on change-over. 

We have certainly been flexible around beginning and end of season.    I like onelove's idea of having "special offers" to fill in the gaps.    But do you have many come out for just 5 nights onelove?

I also like the idea of a "Special Offer" section on EK for holiday deals.    Are there many of you on this Forum who could/would be able to come out for say 5 days if you saw a really good offer on accommodation in say two weeks time during the season? 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Benji

Views: 4650
By: misty
canal walk