Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan - Antalya bus inland Via Gombe/Elmali - info please? June 2012  (Read 3218 times)

Offline scottielondon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
As an anual visitor to Patara for holidays I wonder if anyone can give me details of bus times to Antalya via Gombe/Elmali this season (from Patara or Kalkan) ?

I have always found the bus offices in Antalya and Kalkan to be REALLY unhelpful at providing info of this bus service. It is as if they don't want to divulge any info and just want you to use their own service along the coast road via kas , demre etc..etc..

Two years ago I managed to catch one at about 0800 from the bus station in Kalkan that took me to Antalya over the mountain route.

Last year, I took a bus from Patara to Kalkan and got off , in order to find a mounian route bus.
The Kalkan office and drivers there were really unhelpful , many refusing to acknowledge that there was one. Eventually one guy told me that there WAS one , but its' departure point was NOT in Kalkan bus station , but somewhere else about a mile away up the hill. He could not be specific with the location or times , so , I ended up getting back on the bus that had brought me from Patara and riding it along the coast road to Antalya.

So , i am due to travel Antalya - Patara and then in reverse , Patara to Antalya in June 2012.
Can any reader tell me if THERE IS a mountain bus service (via Gombe/Elmali) running this year?
Where does the bus depart in Antalya and Kalkan ? ( I imagine in Antalya it wil be the main Otogar). In Kalkan , will it be the bus station or somewhere else ?
What TIMES does the bus run from Antalya - Kalkan and from Kalkan (or Patara) to Antalya ? (Inland , over the mountains)

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light. (I just hate that coast road journey , around all those twisting bends and the sheer number of stops for people getting on and off - it seems to go on for ever and ever . The mountain route is so much more bareable)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A footnote to others who may read this thread in months or years to come. I have taken the Antalya - Kalkan - Antalya bus , via the coast road on several occasions in the past. The journey (for me) has never been less than 4hrs 20 mins , once it took 5hrs. It is forever stopping for locals on the route who often fill the interior with market produce etc...
The ONE occasion I took the Kalkan - Antalya bus , inland , over the mountains via Elmali , it made two scheduled stops of 10 minutes each , picked up VERY FEW local people en route (as inland is not so densely populated) and the journey ( i think) took about 3hrs 40 mins (admitedly , I did leave Kalkan at about 0800 which might have made a difference too)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9321.0

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
The 'Yayla'  (mountain) route to Kalkan from Antalya runs all year, (weather permitting in the winter). It goes approx every hour but timings are a bit hit and miss, so it is not possible to give an accurate prediction of when it will arrive at a given point.

The last bus departs early evening from Antalya the same from  Patara - usually abut 5 p.m.  The First bus is about 7 a.m. again in both directions.

At the bus station in Antalya ask for the Kinik yayla (yay to rhyme with eye) bus.  When you are in Patara, go to Kinik - a short distance away by bus or taxi  and enquire at the bus station in Kinik about bus times to Antalya.  The staff there are very helpful.  The yayla bus does not go from Kalkan bus station.

You can pick up the Antalya mountain bus either in Kinik itself or at the junction where the Patara road meets the main D400.  It does not go into Kalkan but it does stop on the Bezirgan road above Kalkan and you can wait for it opposite Ardic Pen - a large window manufacturer on the Bezirgan road.  There is even a very good kofte stall here, with tables and chairs, sun umbrellas and soft drinks to make the waiting less arduous.  The owner of the kofte stall is also very helpful with bus times and does have a timetable.

We often get things sent from shops in Antalya via this bus route.  The bus driver leaves them at the kofte stall and we pick them up next time we pass.

Lantana

Offline scottielondon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Lantana , thanks for your eloquent and comprehensive reply . It has helped a lot , very useful information. Thanks

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Enjoy your journey and hope you have a great holiday.

Lantana

Offline scottielondon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Lantana, is the bus company Bati or Ulusoy or someone else ? Thanks

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Bati Antalya and Yesil Gombe have buses on this route.  Have not seen the Ulusoy bus on this route.

Lantana

Offline scottielondon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Just for information of future readers, i caught the mountain bus in early June 2012 from Antalaya to Patara road junction.
The journey took 4hrs and 40 minutes. The bus made three "rest" stops of 10 minutes each and approximately 15 dropping off and picking up passengers stops en-route (they take about 10 - 30 seconds). Still quite a long journey ,but , I still prefer it to the coast route as on that route they make about 30 - 40 picking up and dropping offs and there is also a nauseating 10km section between Finike and Demre as it goes around LOADS of bends.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gombe to Elmali

Started by Roxie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post May 31, 2010, 07:54:30 PM
by Wendy
xx
Our Day Trip to Gombe

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 03:13:10 PM
by kalkan wife
xx
Trip to Elmali/ Lykia wine tasting/ Aricanda

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 01:13:27 PM
by BlackSnake
recycled
INFO ON KALKAN PLEASE

Started by spicyjules on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 09:15:28 AM
by spicyjules

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Rooftops

Views: 58
By: antler
Our Caretaker