Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Jet2  (Read 3680 times)

Offline PoppyS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Jet2
« on: October 17, 2010, 03:42:30 PM »
I'm looking into flights from Glasgow to Dalaman for next September.  I don't usually book as far in advance as this, but I found some Thomas Cook flights at convenient times.  However, I notice on this forum that they are in the habit of chopping and changing flight dates and times, so it seems there's a high risk of this happening in the next 11 months.

Jet2 have just started flying out of Glasgow and they also have decent times.  However, I'm a bit wary of using an airline that I've never used before (don't want to give them my cash and find them going down the tubes a la Flyglobespan).  Has this airline been on the go for a long time from English airports?  Am I "safer" to use a long standing company like Thomas Cook and hope for the best re flight changes?  Are Jet2 just as likely to change flights anyway?

Any opinions based on users own experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6575.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: Jet2
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:53:40 PM »
Hi PoppyS!
I guess any airline can have to change flights for "operational reasons" but we have been nothing other than really pleased with Jet 2. They haven't changed any of our times in the past. When you book early, there can be a greater chance, as the schedules are not always finalised. We also booked Jet 2 this time last year and after Christmas 2010 the seats went "on sale" and dropped in price dramatically.

They used to be a small Company, based just on Leeds Bradford, have expanded and are now quite large, and they seem to go from strength to strength. The company has been into avaiation for many many years, I believe, although Jet 2 as a brand is not so old.

They are my first choice of carrier and personally wouldn't hesitate booking with them.

Cheers

Antler

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
I am sure Jet2 are fine Poppys, but personally I wouldn't be put off by the Thomas Cook posts.  I have visited Kalkan 4 times this year each time with TC and I am sure they are at least as good as anyone else.  Neither have they changed any of our flights (in either direction).
Also I think the reports you were referring to related to winter flights.  This is a thin period but at least they fly at that time of year, I think you will find Jet2 do not.
No guarantees of course but hope you find this useful and helps you make a decision.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
Hi PoppyS!

And with this link you can see all the statistics over time, and can check recent results for your local airports, etc etc.

Pls. note,  some are in Charter, some are in "Low Cost".

http://www.flightontime.info/charter/charter.html

cheers

Antler

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
Hi Poppy
we also fly from Glasgow and were pleased to see Jet2 flying from there. Usually only have Onur Air or Thomas Cook to choose from. Have to say however that Jet2 were no cheaper than the others and best deal we could get was still with Onur Air via Agean flights. Got 18 nights in July next year from Glasgow for around £200 maybe slightly less but can't remember. Jet2 were more expensive but did have better flight times ie. daytime as opposed to the usual  middle of the night arrival ::)
We used Onur air in July this year with no problem and Thomas Cook last week,again with no problem other than the outbound flight resembling being in a sauna it was so hot >:(

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
We like Onur Air as an airline but have to say Im not sure we would use Aegean again as an agent. Last year they changed our flights from Onur to Saga to Correndon to Jet2 - TERRIBLE agency no communication or explanation at all.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
jet2.com

Started by johnl on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post June 04, 2010, 04:46:33 PM
by johnl
xx
Jet2

Started by popps on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post March 09, 2009, 10:07:05 PM
by Chucky
xx
Jet2 sale.....

Started by pw on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post September 30, 2013, 10:39:49 AM
by pw
xx
Jet2 Flight Change

Started by hodstar on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post January 31, 2012, 11:28:37 AM
by HoneyBunny

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalamar Bay

Views: 2731
By: Bob & Jayne
Omars 20/9/07