Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: JET2 - to book or not to book?  (Read 9126 times)

Offline trolleyhead

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
JET2 - to book or not to book?
« on: September 15, 2011, 04:32:14 PM »
Hi there,

Myself , partner and our two children went to Kalkan for a fortnight this August and loved it. So much so in fact, that we have already booked up to for next August (I will also write a holdiay report as I found those very helpful and reassuring prior to our holiday this year but haven't had a chance to do that just yet!).  We flew with Monarch from Gatwick this year, which was fine but noticed on this site that a lot of people used Easyjet so I hung on until today to see if we could save a few quid by picking up Easyjet flights as an earlybird. However, new flights released this morning and turns out that there's not really much in it. In fact, if I add speedy boarding (which I think I need to do to ensure we don't get split up) then it's actually more expensive than going back to Gatwick with Monarch.

Therefore, have been doing a bit more searching about and JET2 appear to be a bit cheaper than the other airlines (they have a 10% sale on at the moment - which for a family of four is worth over £100..though it's probably one of those "sales" that never ends). The reviews on the web for JET2 are fairly poor but I know that people tend to write bad reviews after a bad experience but tend to not to bother writing anything after a good experience.

Wondered if any-one here had flown with them ? Be grateful for a bit of advice if possible !Cheers,
Trolleyhead

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8542.0

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
Re: JET2 - to book or not to book?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
We have used their route from Manchester before and found the flight quite acceptable. Leg room was adequate. Have also used them more recently in July to fly to Rome and again no problems.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
Use Jet 2 a lot and I rate them.  Their luggage allowance is 22kgs I think. I also enjoy Thomsons.

Two years we came back form Kalkan late summer and immediately booked Jet 2 to get what we wanted. Think we paid £330. It was out of Leeds.

After Xmas, the price crashed and 6 weeks before we were due to fly, Ollie asked if his mate could come and we paid (in May) about £265.  The week before we flew it still had not got up to the price we had paid the prevous autumn.

Not sure that helps because sometimes peace of mind is worth something too.

Cheers

Antler

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
We used Jet2 for the first time this May from Glasgow.  It was a good flight - nice crew.  As Antler says they have a good luggage allowance. No complaints at all.  Looking forward to flying with them again in 11 days  :D

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
We used Jet 2 for the first time last year and they were brilliant.  I wasn't even aware they had particularly  bad reviews to be honest!  We had tons of leg room (we upgraded to extra leg room but even the standard seats looked roomier than most airlines) and were really impressed with all aspects of our booking.

We are flying out from Manchester with Thomas Cook tomorrow but our flight home in two weeks is with Jet2.  We would have preferred to fly both ways with Jet2 but Thomas Cook had better flight times going out this year.  You also get Jet2 points for every pound you spend which are redeemable against future flights with them :)

Offline trolleyhead

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »
Thanks all, really appreciate you taking the time out to reply. Good to hear the positive side.  Just about to book with JET2 now.

Happy holidays to Jen Jen and Rachey !
Cheers,
Trolleyhead

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
You've probably booked by now but just wanted to agree with other posts. We've only used them as a package holiday but were very pleased with them. As others have said you do seem to get more leg room with them.
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:36:29 AM »
Going with Jet2 for the first tome next Friday (yay!) we only booked 5 weeks ago and the flights weren't particularly cheap (we booked extra leg room) but they were the cheapest we could find. We are easyJet fans, but I'm kinda releived not to be doing the mad dash for seats...even with SB ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »
We used Jet2 for the first time this May from Glasgow.  It was a good flight - nice crew.  As Antler says they have a good luggage allowance. No complaints at all.  Looking forward to flying with them again in 11 days  :D

Hi Rachey

are you on the Jet2 Glasgow flight next Saturday? if so, I'll see you there :) :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »
We fly out on the Monday...and will be there in time to get settled in, freshened up and on the sofas at Yali Bar for our pre-Gourmet Terrace fab dinner...cannot wait to escape the endless rain  :D   Look out for us in Yali every night...not sure what hair colour I'll have by then...possibly my natural red...or maybe strawberry blond...or who knows  :laugh:

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
LOL will do! We'll be found every night after dinner at the Merkez, me drinking Ajebadam (sp) ??? and ice and watching the world go by :)

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 07:00:19 PM »
I use Jet2 a lot with work, (returned from Budapest only last  night), used once for Turkey, OK but expensive for a so called budget airline....good flight times tho.
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
Rachey and itstime we hope to see both of you when we are there next week. We'll look out for you but we are Moonlight fans and will be there with our friends, who are in Kalkan the same time, most nights.
If you see a a sort of average size blonde (with a very short bob....debatable style when in Kalkan) with diamante flip flops  ;D and a very big guy with no hair at all...who is very tanned whatever time of year :) that will be me and BH.....so say hello :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »
Doesn't your old man get fed up with short Bob following you around?..if i was him i'd tell Bob to clear off and leave my Mrs alone!! :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »
 ::)
Rachey and itstime we hope to see both of you when we are there next week. We'll look out for you but we are Moonlight fans and will be there with our friends, who are in Kalkan the same time, most nights.
If you see a a sort of average size blonde (with a very short bob....debatable style when in Kalkan) with diamante flip flops  ;D and a very big guy with no hair at all...who is very tanned whatever time of year :) that will be me and BH.....so say hello :)

LOL K4E look out for me sliding and falling on my a*** on the road at the Moonlight ::) ::) instantly recognisable as pure white (well to be honest) blue tinged Scottish woman, shrieking in dismay at having fallen again, with poor embarrassed OH trying to look like he's never met me before in his life ;D
Will definitely look out for you :) Have a wonderful time despite the weather predictions on KTLN which if true will have me found swinging from a noose somewhere down the Old Town :o :o

Oh and to keep on topic, flying with JET2 for the first time so fingers crossed :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:08:20 PM by itstime »

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »
Wish we were on our way back there not bothered what airline although have flown with Jet2 before and they were absolutely fine. Rachey have a great time and please say hi from us (Chris and Eric) to Murat and Sakir so jealous u be having a gorgeous meal - don't forget to try the onion soup!!

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
Will do Chrissy! :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »
Oh no...please don't say there's bad weather on the way to Kalkan :( :( I've just checked out the 14 day forecast in utter dismay but it looks ok from tomorrow....
I'm a bit fed up with bob myself, BL, especially in Kalkan ;D ;D If bob behaved my BH's life would be so much easier. Instead he gets an hysterical woman saying she can't do a thing with bob and any attempt at blowdrying bob results in Margaret Thatcher....I kid you not :-[
bob also using Jet 2 (for the topic police :-*)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »
Have just checked out the weather forecast on KTLN and apart from one day it looks good....I don't understand though how there can be a 1% cloud cover and yet apparently rain is forecast!
Am beginning to panic a bit now because we are not out until 10 October and we are desperate for some warm sunshine!
I expect Bob likes it warm but not humid and is better behaved in that sort of climate??
Oh and by the way.....we don't use jet2 because they don't fly from Gatwick.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
 ;D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Does anyone know this book?

Started by Mercimek on The Everything Else Area!

3 Replies
Last post November 09, 2010, 03:58:33 AM
by Mercimek
xx
To book or not to book ?

Started by lurcherlou on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 11:57:24 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Book group

Started by Alanpatfisher on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 02, 2008, 05:21:29 AM
by Alanpatfisher
xx
should we pre-book trips?

Started by wackyjackie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post September 18, 2010, 01:46:52 PM
by Roxie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Pure serenity!

Views: 4549
By: headroom
Kalkan 1996