Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Istanbul - Kalkan by coach?  (Read 10070 times)

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Istanbul - Kalkan by coach?
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »
Can anyone tell me where I can get more information on the coach that goes from Istanbul - Kalkan, please?

My son may come to Kalkan with us later in the year but may go to Istanbul first & I was trying to find out a relevant web site for coach information.

Thanks in advance!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1743.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: Istanbul - Kalkan by coach?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:18 PM »
Hi Sally,

I looked ino this albeit some time ago and was in the end advised to fly, maybe things have changed a bit since then.

Regards

John

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »
Try Kamil Koc www.kamilkoc.com.tr or Pammukale www.pamukkaleturizm.com.tr, these are the companies who operate services to Kalkan- the best way is to travel overnight- I think it takes approx 15 hours to Kalkan. The bus companies offer a drinks service and usually breakfast with frequent stops throughout the journey. Depending where he is in Istanbul he will need to get a shuttle service to the main bus station, he may find it easier to book once in Istanbul- you can usually do it on the day unless it''s a holiday or Friday evening.
As the websites are in Turkish you may find it better to email them.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
Thank you, Mercimek - I will pass that on to him.

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:33:39 PM »
I did it both ways early part of the year and must say it was fine.   It was also when Turkey was covered with snow.  The bus was excellent.   It was overnight but as the day began you had the chance to see quite a bit of turkey as you travelled through it.   I would certainly recommend it to anyone it was a fascinating journey.  They were absolutely courteous and I was travelling alone.  They did not speak a word of english but it wasn''t a problem.   I hope he enjoys it - good way to see something of turkey.  One bit of advice don''t sit in the front seat as you have no leg room.   Pauline

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
How did you book it, Pauline?  Son & heir lives in France & may be flying Geneva - Istanbul with a few days in Istanbul & then coach to Kalakan. Was just wondering how to book the coach trip to Kalakan in advance?

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »
I booked it at the bus station in Kalkan as I was starting there.   If he is staying in Istanbul - he could ask where he is staying to tell him where he can book his bus trip.   I had to go to a travel agent in the centre of Istanbul to get my return ticket authorised.   But unfortunately I can''t give directions as I just went their from my hotel.   There are also two bus companies one a little more expensive - which gives you slightly better service on the bus.    Mine was the cheaper one as I did not know about the other when I booked but it was fine. Hope this helps. Pauline

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »
Have just read previous message and it gives the websites for the two bus companies - maybe you can go on line and book his trip in advance   Good luck. Pauline

Offline theinspector

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
 :)Good helpful advice Pauline :-).  Sally my partner and i go quite  a lot to Istanbul, About four times now:-)
totally addicted to the place. Depending on where you stay in Istan bul  we have now settled for taksim the busiest and most popular . That is once you have done the rounds in sultanhammet and seen allthe mosques etc
The pammukale coach office is right in Taksim square. that is where we board the shuttle bus to pick up the main coach. to kalkan (the shuttle bus is free ) We did it end of April this year the cost with pammukale was £40.00 return

The main (autogar) coach station is on the European side just a short taxi ride away from sultanhammet and the mosques etc. It is one HUGE coach station but easy to navigate:-)

ps you need any more info just ask :-)
regards mike

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
Thank you again for all the advice.  As with most of the kids he still hasn''t decided quite what he''s doing yet, but it''s all useful to know.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
istanbul to kalkan via pamukkale coach

Started by jamie-n-kimbo on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 08:53:07 AM
by butterfly
xx
Coach to Kalkan

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post January 12, 2012, 10:22:36 PM
by Tatilde
xx
Kemer to Kalkan by coach

Started by HEATH on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2011, 10:20:05 PM
by Cuddles
xx
coach to epehsus from kalkan

Started by theinspector on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post December 27, 2012, 12:48:55 PM
by Eljhem

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal