Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotels near airport  (Read 1963 times)

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
Hotels near airport
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
Hello all,

We have accomodation booked for August and are still looking for decent flight prices. The accomodation is booked Monday to Monday. One option I'm looking at is flying out on the Sunday as this will save us approx. £300 as a family. It would be more economical to do this and then pay for one night's accomodation somewhere near Dalaman airport. Has anybody done this and if so can you recommend any decent hotels?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9094.0

Offline magic3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Hotels near airport
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
Hi
Sorry can't give any specific hotel recommendation but booking.com has some good deals on hotels in August in the Dalaman area. We are looking to do the same thing as we booked our flights and then had a booking for our property which overplaps with our holiday so we'll do a couple of nights somewhere rather than turn down business!

Flights - it sounds mad, but last year we flew with BA to Istanbul and then flew with Pegasus airlines to Dalaman. We decided to stop in Istanbul for a couple of nights as it would have been criminal not to have had a quick look around since we were there. Would you believe it was cheaper to do that including the hotel in Istanbul than to fly directly from the UK to Dalaman.......It's crackers.
I try and keep an eye on flight prices to get the best deal as we come every year but this year they didn't have the New Year bargains they normally have in Jan. I booked ours 2 weeks ago with Monarch as they seem to be the best value but they stung us badly with the credit card charge...
Hope you manage to find some good deals
Kind regards
M3

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »
There is a current thread on changeover days, with owners discussing this same problem, have you checked to see if the acommodation is free on the Sunday? They may be prepared to move your booking by a day? We have done this 3 times in 2 years to help guests.

Flights, also look at flights to Antlaya (longer transfer but more choice) also have you looked at flying with different companies for the return flight, skyscanner.net can help.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Adidasfish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
Why not try one of the Kalkan hotels for the first night or 2? We have done this in the past.
For flights we always travel with Turkish via Istanbul. Takes a couple of hours longer than a direct flight but its generally cheaper, several flights operating every day of the week, never any delays plus the security of knowing that the airline is unlikely to fold at short notice!

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »
The newest hotel near the airport is the Dalaman Lykia Resort hotel (http://dalamanairportlykiaresorthotel.com/index_en.php)

Looks very smart, passed it on Tuesday. About 1 km from the airport.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
hotels and airport shuttle

Started by abip on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post April 16, 2013, 12:30:10 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Hotels

Started by Griffo63 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 06:49:04 AM
by Griffo63
xx
Tipping in Hotels

Started by Alfaman on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2010, 08:27:05 PM
by ocean dreamer
xx
Hotels in Dalaman?

Started by sally on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 09:15:24 PM
by sally

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

shoes

Views: 3978
By: lindyloo
Saklikent.