Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: FLIGHTS NEXT YEAR  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
FLIGHTS NEXT YEAR
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:03:51 AM »
Monarch released flights a couple of days ago and seem to have upped prices(up £140 PP on this year for us with bags and priority board etc)and cut flights..they don't fly from Gatwick on Tues, Wed, Thur anymore ! No doubt these cuts apply to all UK airports .Easyjet always release late but they only normally get you to Dalaman at nightfall .With a nice new terminal being built at Dalaman will it be any easier to actually get a flight that lands in the daytime? and gets you to Kalkan before the bats start flying?Lets hope things get sorted when the new terminal opens and people who decide Turkey isn't the hotbed of snarling isis rodents and wish to go at a reasonable time and choice of day can get a decent flight like you can to most other countries...
(nice day time flights with TC booked slightly up on this year ) ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13777.0
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: FLIGHTS NEXT YEAR
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
BL, we switched to Monarch a couple of years back to get the daytime flights, but I understand easyJet now have similar timed flights from Manchester. Whether the daytime flights will still be on their timetable next year is another matter...! We looked the very first day the flights were released and they are considerably more than we paid this year so at the moment we are undecided whether to wait and take the chance EJ will keep the daytime flights or book now. Check the Gatwick schedules and see if EJ are running daytime flights this year...?
I seriously do not want to go back to arriving in the wee small hours and leaving Dalaman at night :P
Decisions...decisions...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:40:21 AM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »
This year EJ earliest Gatwick flight is 15.10 hrs ..you get to Kalkan at about 23. 30 hrs (if it's on time).Much prefer daytime we should get to Kalkan about the same time as this year with TC for about 20 quidlies more than this year= happy days .=  16.00 hrs....cup of tea..unpack.. shower...BEER! ;D

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:13:07 AM »
Nearly all the flights are considerably more expensive than this year.

Normally the flights start cheap and then go up as seats are booked (with the odd marketing dodge at times to get things moving).

This year they are ranging from £502 to £1432 for two people for 14-17 days.  The £1432 is Thomson from Stansted.  Most are in the £500-700 range (About what it costs for one person to fly to Australia in economy!)

From where we are, Luton is easiest, and Stansted, Gatwick and Birmingham are all about 1-1/2 hours away (or £90 taxi e/w), so I check them all.  Seems there's just not enough willingness to provide more flights.

There's a golden opportunity for Turkish Airlines to fill the void here by offering direct to Dalaman flights from Heathrow and other airports - that would help tourism, I would think.

As for timings Thomas Cook seem to appear to be bat friendly, and only do times with a 0 at the front.  The rest do the bucket and spade flights to Benidorm first, then Turkey.  This approach is less prevalent the farther North you go, the extra flying time probably making the difference.

It's certainly making life difficult, and that's an understatement!
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
It would seem the business model is ...cut out some days ...cut flights down ...create demand ....Bingo! increase prices :P  Still rumours are circulating of an airport  to be built just outside Kas..be it bull***t or not that would help by cutting out the transfer times and it would give the area a boost with tourists and jobs etc..personally I cant see the sense in the Turkish government splurging more cash on a new airport when the current ones are taking a back seat by the UK airlines
I hate Airline companys >:D(just sayin)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
Think the Kas airport, if it happens, & several locals think it will, will only be domestic flights to start with.
Time will tell.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »
We have booked with Monarch again main reason is that for the last 2 years, flight departs Manchester at 06:30. Early I know, but you get to arrive in Kalkan @ 3ish so plenty of the day still left. Also means that the return arrives in UK at 16:00, again a good time as no waiting round to get picked up etc. Booked the same for 2018
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
Rip Roaring Potter...easyJet are doing the identical flight times as those Monarch flights from Manchester now. We've gone on those same Monarch flights for the past two years too...this year they cost us £640 - with extra leg room, 26kg of luggage - but Monarch wanted £870 for the same flights for 2018 (for 2 of us). We've managed to book them with easyJet within minutes of them being released and they have cost us less than half of that. Too late for this year, but worth looking for next year...that's a lot of efes :)

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:56 PM »
Astonished at some of the prices being bandied around for next year flights to Dalaman.  Over £1000.00 for two with Monarch to £1674.00 with lastminute.com!!! Managed to find to with Tui from Doncaster with extra legroom & 25kg luggage for £870

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 07:08:24 PM »
Astonished at some of the prices being bandied around for next year flights to Dalaman.  Over £1000.00 for two with Monarch to £1674.00 with lastminute.com!!! Managed to find to with Tui from Doncaster with extra legroom & 25kg luggage for £870

Looks like they are not selling many at those prices. Monarch maybe about to go out of administration.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/monarch-airlines-in-last-ditch-survival-talks/ar-AAsE4b4?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
easyjet next year flights ?

Started by kboutiche64 on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2013, 06:02:44 PM
by itstime
xx
Inexpensive flights for New Year

Started by lolly on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 05:20:46 PM
by pattaya
xx
Flights to Dalaman - New Year 2016

Started by TCTRAVELLER on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post February 21, 2016, 03:08:21 PM
by Irene
xx
Flythomascook New Year 2015 flights from Manchester

Started by Christina on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 31, 2014, 01:40:56 PM
by Christina

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

early morning 1

Views: 3234
By: andy4116
028.JPG