Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flights Advice, please!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline hazyjo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • My poems, stories 'n' stuff
Flights Advice, please!
« on: October 14, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
Hi all

As you may have seen from the accommodation thread, my boyfriend and I will hopefully be in Kalkan from 22/23 May for a week (school holidays).

At the moment, the TC flights are £681.96 for the both of us (think there might be other fees/expenses to pay on top, not sure).

Just wanted some advice really on whether the prices are likely to drop at all - offers/sales/discounts/vouchers/codes, etc or whether we should go ahead and book now? They''re more than we wanted to pay, but if they''re only going to get worse, we''ll book now.

Any advice very much appreciated!

Oh, and btw I don''t think we have any other choices re flights. Stuart''s a teacher and must be at work on Friday 22 and Monday 1 June and, taking into account the outward and return flight times on other airlines, TC seem to be our only option if we want 7 days/nights there. I''ve been researching it for ages now. We''d also very much like to go from Stansted which limits it further.

Jo x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2507.0
The light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes an oncoming train...

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Flights Advice, please!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
Hi Jo

have a look at www.travelrepublic.co.uk - they were quoting much cheaper prices for Onur flights than Aegean last week (by hundreds of £''s) from Manchester - don''t know about Stanstead.

I think if you want cheaper than the TC flights, you might have to consider changing your departure airport to Gatwick. As your dates are fixed and they coincide with school holidays, flights will be more expensive, unfortunately.

Generally the earlier you book for these deals the better and many people will have booked in May this year for May next year if they want that particular week - same for the summer holidays.

Other people have booked through Skyscanner.net (but I''ve always found it more expensive than Onur) because you can travel there and back with different airlines so it suits your individual schedule better if you have rigid dates, such as yours. You might be able to go out late on Friday night and come back on Sunday with them ???

You need to factor in the cost of your transfer to Kalkan and return to Dalaman when budgeting as this will add at least £100 to your travel costs if you opt for private transfer.

Good luck
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline hazyjo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »
Many thanks.

I''d checked all the Gatwick ones but the return flights weren''t much good. I seem to remember everything got back on the Sunday night/Monday morning. Just heard the accommodation we want is likely to be booked up from 29th now anyway, so we''ll be committed to 22nd. And if we went on Friday flights, I''m pretty sure they all went too early for us to get down there after Stuart finished work as a teacher. So restricting being a teacher and not being given a Monday or Friday along with the holidays! Such a nightmare for them and families being so restricted!

Checked just about every option but thanks for the advice on websites. Can''t find anything cheaper with outward and return flights that will suit.

We have taken the transfer costs into account too although we''re kind of in denial about how much it''s coming to altogether! Oh well...

I think we''ll have to go ahead and book flights too.

Looking forward to visiting!

Jx

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
If you are brave enough to wait until December, EasyJet should be releasing their schedule then - if last year is anything to go by, they will be cheaper if you get in early enough.

We have already booked with kneecrushers (Thomas Cook  ;)) for May because we need to be there before the start of the main season and couldn''t risk not getting booked... plus we are doing an eleven nighter which makes it a bit harder to book with EJ. 

For a straight week at the end of May you should be fine with EJ, as long as you are prepared to risk waiting for their schedule.

Offline hazyjo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
Hi

Not a case of being brave, unfortunately (I would have been!) - they don''t fly on the right days. Arghhhh!

I''m realising the downside of going out with a teacher!

Anyway - bitten the bullet and just this second booked flights! Better safe than sorry!

Ta.

Jx

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »
I know how you feel....have been paying top prices for flights to DLM for years now...but the ''upside'' is the chance to spend all summer in Kalkan...so being a teacher ain''t so bad!! :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Advice re Flights to Istanbul

Started by pw on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post October 20, 2014, 03:52:09 PM
by littlelin
xx
Advice re using different airports for outbound and return flights

Started by Lizilu20 on Flights and Travel

12 Replies
Last post October 24, 2014, 07:44:07 PM
by Babs
xx
2012 flights, when are they released - good daytime flights wanted! Best airline

Started by emmabroadhurst on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 09:23:35 AM
by Cuddles
xx
Any advice?

Started by donmac on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post April 17, 2008, 08:36:47 PM
by donmac

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal