Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flight prices  (Read 16186 times)

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Flight prices
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:41:47 PM »
Trying to book a flight mid October before half term, but am getting prices of over £200 on the net. Anyone got a good website or contact number?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2457.0
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Flight prices
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
Sorry Brooksie but thats the rate it is at the moment...the airlines seem free to charge what they want and do as they please £200 is a good price at the moment....mother in law flew out on friday ...(going to Fethiye) paid about £300 for her ticket got stung by a 12 hour delay at Gatwick ..but the good news was they gave her a £10 voucher reedemable for food and drink...hooooray!! thats a sandwich and a coffee at airport prices...blimey good job it wasn''t Dalaman!! one place in upstairs concourse at Dalaman
 was selling coffee for 8 lira a cup :o
good hunting
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »
Try the Travel Republic or Skyscanner sites, Brooksie, as when we were looking a few weeks ago they were just under £200. Also don''t forget to delete your cookies before going on these sites - don''t ask me why, bit of a technophobe I''m afraid, but I''m sure someone will be happy to explain. All I know is it can be more expensive if you don''t ???
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
since then XL have gone bust which has shoved up prices.. 200,000 thousand people having to rebook hols/flights?.... as for the cookies? if you click onto a flight you have previously shown interest in it automatically ups the price..many companys use these dastardly tricks

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »
Try booking one way with different airlines.  That''s what I do and they tend to be cheaper.
Also a tip for Dalaman airport. Book into the Lounge on the first floor 35.5 ytl per person, unlimited tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus  unlimited food,(rolls, cakes etc)  not quite up to Kalkan standards, but beats paying £20 each for a soggy Mcdonalds!!!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:30:49 PM »
We are going to Kalkan on Friday night and booked a really cheap one way ticket with Monarch for £40 each.  As all flights home were much more expensive we decided to book our return flight when we were in Turkey.  HOWEVER XL went bust the very next day and cost of flights started to go up and up and number of seats down and down.  Last week we booked our return flight, as I was starting to panic that there wouldn''t even be any flights when we wanted to come home and we''ve paid £530 for two of us, one way-total of £610 for 2 tickets. At £200, your tickets Brooksie are quite good value.
That''s what I get for trying to be clever! ;)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 05:34:50 PM »
for £40 pound wern''t you worried you might be strapped to the underside of the wing collecting flies in your teeth!! ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:51:20 PM »
friend of ours stayed in Yalikavak..and flew into Bodrum..whlie he was on holiday XL went belly up...he was with XL..no help was offered or advice given so he decided to look for a flight home..he paid £308 pound for what was stated as "Only 2 seats left"..during the next few days he checked prices each day for the next 3 days it rose by £100...stating"only 2 seats left"...£608 was the last figure he saw...when he boarded the plane at Bodrum it was only half full....how can such behaviour be allowed? >:(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
Name and shame the airline, BL.... :o

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »
initials TC..and it isn''t top cat ;)

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:45 PM »
I also flew one way to DLM and wasn''t in a hurry to get back to the rainy UK season over the summer....until it appeared there were literally no flights home...However, in a last-minute panic to get back for school in September I flew home to Gatwick via Amsterdam....only to find out that the TC flights back to the UK were only half full after all. GRRRRRRRRR! Why isn''t their website kept up to date in real time??? Lots of people in Kalkan were also trying to get reasonably priced flights back to the UK and were quoted vastly over-priced TC flights back from travel agents (forget the website - nothing quoted there!)....only to find out that those very same planes left DLM half full. Can''t work it out!!

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »
Thanks for the info folks, looks like I''m going to have to pay more than I thought. I reckon I''ll do the Heathrow/Istanbul/Dalaman route. Much more comfortable and only £250 return compared to £234 with Monarch, traveling with your knees wedged into the person in fronts back.

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »
T.C allways used to be quite a good company plenty of flights not overly strict and a nice check in system were you can off load your bags early and settle down in the refreshment area.
This year however they seem to have sacrificed a bit of customer care to save a bob or two.
Travelling back from Birmingham after being away working for 8 weeks i was a mere 4 kilo over with my bag the girl pointed out that i had paid only for 15 kilos and was liable. I explained that i had no hand luggage save a lap top weighing in at about 1 kilo so thus totally i was on the limit.
She replied that i need to remove 4 kilo of belongings from my bag and put them in my lap top case and all would be fine. After looking at her for a few moments i walked away and paid the £34 excess, i then returned and requested that i might sit near a window, she said OK and gave me seat 29d.
On the plane i fell asleep and missed my yummy meal that cost 6 or 7 pounds nobody woke me or offered the meal at a later point in the flight.
The emergency seats were empty and for sale at £35 each regardless of age or ability to open the doors should there be a need. Please don,t tell me it''s about weight distribution and fuel allowance.
This is the worst TC flight i have Been on maybe it was just a bad day but the girl on the check in she was priceless.

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
We think we have done exceptionally well after booking flights for next April (after Easter) for £145!!  Going out on Aegean (never used them before) and returning with TC (unfortunately have used them before).  It does mean a bit of a traipse across the country to Gatwick but we can do that by Nat Express so won''t break the bank.

Can anyone beat that for a bargain?  ;D

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »
That is £145 each of course, sorry about that!  :-[

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »
We think we have done exceptionally well after booking flights for next April (after Easter) for £145!!  Going out on Aegean (never used them before) and returning with TC (unfortunately have used them before).  It does mean a bit of a traipse across the country to Gatwick but we can do that by Nat Express so won''''t break the bank.

Can anyone beat that for a bargain?  ;D

Very cheap indeed, Possums, but booking with Aegean is a brave move.... if you thought TC were bad you ain''t seen nothing yet.... ::)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »
Hi Martyn - I disagree - I think Aegean (Onur Air) are FAR better than TC anyday - both in terms of pre-flight service - ie: customer service when booking/before travelling and the planes and the crew are usually of a much higher standard than any TC flight I''ve been on and you seem to get more leg room.  However I will now be booking ALL flights (other than BA) with my credit card...just in case..!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 03:10:44 PM »
Felicity, maybe we were unlucky but our experience with Onur Air was simply awful. Extremely uncomfortable, lumpy seats with zero legroom (even worse than TC, and that''s saying something!); one toilet out of action; broken seat backs (my seat-back kept reclining even though I didn''t want it to, even during take-off and landing); unhelpful cabin crew, inefficient check in at Dalaman and a general feeling of us passengers being an inconvenience rather than the people paying their wages.

Never again, even if they are cheap.  >:(

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:19 PM »
LOL Martyn - and I thought you were describing some of my flights with TC...!  ;)  I guess we have both been unlucky then!  But as they are all cheap no frills airlines (the only plus point with TC being the inflight entertainment - if you are lucky enough that your one works AND you can hear anything!  :o) I will carry on booking with both of them depending on who is cheapest at the time of booking (and most convenient flight times!).

Cheers!

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »
Hi
MartinE, I am glad someone finally agrees with me about the Onur Air flight! I will say no more...
Em
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flight prices...what's all that about ?

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post July 03, 2015, 08:52:01 AM
by onelove
xx
Dalaman Flight Prices for 2010

Started by antler on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 10:15:49 PM
by antler
xx
Flight Prices/ Is Kalkan Expensive

Started by alantj on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 22, 2019, 01:08:09 PM
by cleworthallray
xx
2017 sept flight prices

Started by brian j p on Flights and Travel

21 Replies
Last post July 31, 2017, 09:08:02 PM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bedroom view

Views: 2811
By: billmccan
the sea.