Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flight cancelled  (Read 3197 times)

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Flight cancelled
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:06:38 PM »
Our flight on 18 Nov on TC dlm-man has just been been cancelled. There are now no flights after 17/11. Check your e-mails for a nasty surprise.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14041.0

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Flight cancelled
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »
Not a surprise really.

TC and tui are prone to this sort of thing (other operators are available).

You should remember that TC and tui are really package operators with their own airline to fulfil the package transportation costs under their own aegis, thus retaining any profit from those flights.

They then sell surplus space to third parties (like independent travellers and third party package operators) to fill the remaining seats, and maximise their bottom line (and ensure their 'airline' remains profitable).

IF, and it's a big IF, the package operator has low take-up of a particular flight for their packages, they will move the customers onto more convenient (i.e. profitable, by removing the flight costs from their balance sheet) flights, sometimes on different days, but more likely inconvenient (for the passenger) times.

This means the other passengers booked on the flight find their flight cancelled, or moved to a different time (often at night).

Obviously, if you fly with a scheduled airline these conditions do not exist, though there are some airline operators (you guess which) who, if left with a under-utilised flight will claim 'technical difficulties' and move the passengers to a later flight, or something.  Their obligations are somewhat different to the charter flights, hence the discrimination between 'charter' and 'scheduled'.

In the end, if your flight is with a charter company, then these things are more likely than with a scheduled operator (though the caveat applies, this isn't 100% guaranteed - nothing is).

If you monitor far enough in advance your travel arrangements, you will notice that the aforementioned operators have dumped several flight in the last two months, in some cases leaving no flights at all from some airports, or reduced to one day a week.  This, obviously can screw up your accommodation plans where you find your flight is now substantially different from your accommodation booking.

In the end, you pays your money and takes your choice. ???
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »
Oh dear!  looks like you will have to stay until the spring.....

Seriously though - what a nasty thing to happen.  I hear what Chris_S has to say, but you buy in good faith and hope for the best.  As you may know, I have terrible buyers remorse having bought flights with Ryanair in September.......

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 11:47:02 AM »
Buy in good faith is what we all do.

Hope for the best is not what we are in a contract for.

Would you expect that when you buy a new fridge (or something)?  If you order a SMEG, you don't expect a Beko to turn up just because the supplier finds it inconvenient to deliver what it said!

It seems some airlines are the ones most likely to get away with treating their customers (sorry, SLC) with varying forms of disservice when it suits them!

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 02:45:16 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly with comments regarding cancelled/changed flights. We are going with TUi/Freebird in September. First time we have used them and it will be the last, after sales & customer service is non-existent. They just rip you off & expect  customers to suck it up.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
I like that comparison Chris_S....

and  are expected to feel grateful for it!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flight Cancelled

Started by Lougie on Flights and Travel

30 Replies
Last post December 03, 2009, 12:22:27 AM
by WOS
xx
Cancelled flight from Dalaman

Started by elcee on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post October 14, 2009, 07:01:37 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Cancelled Christmas day.

Started by fidimax on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post January 03, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
by Chris18648
question
We nearly cancelled our holiday but....

Started by tuppy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 05:28:54 PM
by Rachey

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0322.JPG

Views: 2736
By: fidimax
Beautiful Hibiscus