Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Easyjet  (Read 15436 times)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Easyjet
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
It sounds as though there are going to be many conflicting stories for the customer transferring from BA, think it may be advisable to print off any such information re luggage allowance and keep it handy to take with you.

Obviously there are going to be hick-ups with the change over but no one wants their holiday spoilt by various administrative and wrong information blunders.  Saying that, sure they will still argue the toss.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
we have put everything in a folder..it''s coming with us!! my other half is very organised in this way...i on the other hand have the attention span of a bumble bee :D..
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
Grrrrrrrrrrr
I have just spoken to Airflights who we booked our BA flights with for May and they informed me that because I didn''t book through BA directly, I cannot claim a refund or rebook without losing my deposit. I don''t want to go sleazy jet but have been left with no choice.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:40 AM »
 we just couldn''t be bothered ..we are just glad that so far our times are still the same .This has a knock-on effect otherwise,car park booking ,accomodation ,transfer ,all these things get affected.we will just grin and bear it!! you never know we might be pleasantly surprised  ::)

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
It just seems unfair. Surely its against trade descriptions or something?

However, I think you are probably right to just go with it, I just hate talking to snotty customer services people that seem to take enormous pleasure in giving you bad news.

(think I need a holiday)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2008, 11:08:18 AM »
i gave up talking to them a long time ago...or even trying to track one down!! the fact that many of them call themselves Customer Service is against trade descriptions...they should be called "disinterested person that answers the phone department"...still chin up at least your going to Kalkan!!!! loveley jubbly!! :D :D ;)

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
Blue Lizard, you are the voice of reason, thank you.  :)

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 11:57:22 AM »
I go with Blue Lizard.  When you are travelling by air you might just as well put yourself into sheep mode until you reach your destination - go with the flock. Am not bothered about the weight allowance for my fortnight as I never take more than about 15Kilos anyhow. A book (or two), swimming cossie, sun tan cream, couple of pairs of trousers for the evening & some t shirts - that''ll do. Honmestly I feel so laid back when I''m in Kalkan that clothes don''t really bother me (I do wear them though  ;D ).

And Easy Jet have a very good record of safety & are British (CAA) regulated unlike some of the cheap airlines one could mention.

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 01:09:34 PM »
Sally, well done on managing 15Kg! It has always been my goal in life to take a ''capsule wardrobe'' when going away but somehow never seem to mange it, however much I weed at the packing stage. Thinks its all the lotions and potions and number of books I take.

Ready to go into sheep mode though!!

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
Although sleazy Jet is no way as good as BA, If you accept how they operate & get to the airport early for priority seating then it is not bad. With regard to on time flights and the pleasent cabin crew, I have only had good experiences with them. (far better than Ryan Air!)

with regard to luggage allowance, well it''s 19.95Kg for Mrs BF and all her worldly goods  and a hankerchief for me:)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »
oooh Sally, I hope you''re not referring to Onur Air when you talk about the safety of other cheap airlines ;). There''s a very mixed feeling on this forum about them and having booked Aegean for this year for the first time, I''m a little apprehensive.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
If you search for Onur Air on this site you''ll find that those of us who use them ''regularly'' are quite happy with them. Yes there were a few problems over the winter but that''s because those flights were obviously fairly empty and they combined them to make it as economical as possible. And some of those flights were booked via Goldtrail, who probably have one of the worst reputations in the Turkish travel industry.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »
oooh Sally, I hope you''''re not referring to Onur Air when you talk about the safety of other cheap airlines ;). There''''s a very mixed feeling on this forum about them and having booked Aegean for this year for the first time, I''''m a little apprehensive.

No - not Onur.  Am referring to Easy Jet''s greatest rival which is not regulated by the British CAA!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »
And I can confirm that Sally is very laid back when in Kalkan, but I suspect that might be down to G&T''s. LOL, missing you Sally, Joan

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »
Me too - see you in September?

Offline Adrian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Some of my photos
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2008, 08:40:19 AM »
Talk about cheek!  Has anyone else had the email from Easyjet offering free "speedy boarding plus" to ex-GB Airways customers? Only on new flights bookings though,  not the existing ones grr  >:(   

I know it''''s futile and that I won''''t get anything more than a form reply but do I bother to send them an email pointing out how annoying & tactless this is & asking why they just couldn''''t give it automatically & free to people already inconvenienced by the whole shenanigans?  >:(

Ah! That feels better  ;D

EDIT:  I did email them & not only did I get a form email back but they also entirely missed the point of my suggestion/didn''t bother to actually read it properly  ::) They replied: I am sorry that your discount code was not used when booking recently but I regret that we are unable to deduct promotional amounts from an existing booking. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope you enjoy your flights.... if I had any hair left I''d be tearing a bit of it out.  Life''s too short... 60 days ''til Kalkan  ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:42:44 PM by Adrian »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
easyjet

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post September 15, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
by Cuddles
wink
Easyjet

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

23 Replies
Last post September 27, 2012, 08:28:45 AM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Easyjet

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post October 09, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Easyjet

Started by Kalkan regular on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 31, 2009, 01:14:21 AM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan dusk

Views: 3775
By: Alfaman

Views: 3290