Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Easyjet September 2012  (Read 2805 times)

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
Easyjet September 2012
« on: October 25, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
Anyone have an idea when EJ are likely to release their Gatwick/Dalaman flights for Autumn next year? I am guessing it could be any time and am checking every hour or so in the hope of a bargain!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8727.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Easyjet September 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
everything went on sale early this year for summer compared to last year....so who knows..don't rely on the e mail updates from EJ..we had booked for a week when they told us flights were on sale..if i were you i'd check each day in the morning and afternoon..good luck ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:47 AM »
Got a question....
Why do people use EJ?
Does speedy boarding really work?
We had one experience when speedy boarding was called about 50 people moved forward!!
No extra leg room for us!
I have priced up EJ vs Monarch (which now charge in and outbound!), not much in the prices about an extra £50 (£25 each) for extra legroom.
My other concern is flight times, I do not like night flights or late arrivals in to resort?
Your opinions valued!
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:02:16 AM »
Use easyjet for price, i expect to pay no more than £300 for two people including luggage. I really dont mind what time I fly, and as we are both small certainly dont need any more than the usual leg room. We dont do speedy boarding as it just means longer sitting on the plane waiting to take off and not had a problem sitting together as I think there is some flexibility on non allocated seats as the plane fills up. By this, I mean people seem to be prepared to move around if they see couples boarding and not getting seats together if they are the last few passengers. Generally though it seems single travellers wait until the end before boarding - they can then sit next to someone they like the look of! Also seems to be far less less children on easyjet so the flight just feels quieter.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:03:16 AM »
must say we have found it fine..£120 return in june next year with Speedy and luggage?...only ever been about 20 max when we have used speedy(we only do so because mrs L hates flying and is petrified we will be seated apart) ;) flight times don't bother us..we get into Kalkan at 23.30ish..but on the dep day we don't leave till 5 in the afternoon..swings and roundabouts...but more over goodly price and service has been fine....(nice bacon baguettes which you stand a bettter chance of if you are near the front!! :D )

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:55:14 AM »

We have used easyjet last year and have booked for next year. Never bother with speedy boarding as there are only two of us and we like aisle seats, which we always get, not bothered if they are together or not. We have been flying from Stansted and the times are brilliant , lunchtime on the outward flight and early evening return. Before ,we had used Thomas Cook and vowed never again to get a 5 am flight home from Dalaman. This must be the worst flight time! Leg room seems OK and at least you don't have to have the food if you don't want it, cabin crew friendly and helpful as well.
I was always very sceptical about low cost airlines, but so far have been pleasantly surprised.

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
Thanks for all this, just looked at EJ from Stansted (we can spit on Stansted from our house), very good flight times!
If we can get more flexible on villas dates might be a goer!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
I'm with Mr Lizard on the flight times from Gatwick....arrive in time to go to bed with that lovely view to wake to in the morning.....and this time we left out apartment at 6 in the evening....gave us enough time for a few hours on the beach followed by a long lunch so we didn't have to pay silly prices for rubbish at the airport.
Doing the same next June as well....have been brave and not booked speedy(?) as we managed fine this time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Accomodation Wanted - September 2012 - 14-16 nights

Started by Drakeasinduck on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post August 04, 2012, 01:34:24 PM
by amberpop
xx
Easyjet 2012 Gatwick

Started by littlelin on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 11:05:20 AM
by alantj
xx
Easyjet flights after September 2010

Started by pixie on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post February 16, 2010, 11:20:41 PM
by pixie
xx
September 2010 Easyjet flight

Started by missymoo on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post November 15, 2009, 07:20:24 PM
by missymoo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal