Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EasyJet reduced hand baggage size  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
EasyJet reduced hand baggage size
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:44:28 PM »
Just wondering whether anyone has had any problems with the reduced guaranteed to carry on hand baggage size on EasyJet, that came into force on 02 July?
As I booked my next flight in September, last year in November 2012, I would have expected them to honour the contract that was then formed. It is especially galling that this change has been brought in after I have bought new lightweight flight bags of the old dimensions, and a couple of spares!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11373.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:43:06 AM by BubblesG »
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: EasyJet reduced hand baggage size
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:59:38 AM »
Hi Bubbles just returned home and flew with Easy Jet. We were also a bit comcerned about this but went ahead with our usual "full size" hand luggage and had no problem.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 09:00:11 AM »
Maybe that will get the suitcases out of the overhead lockers!!!!!!barely anyroom for my miniscule flight bag these days as it is full of bloody cases >:D ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 09:31:30 AM »
The new rule as I understand it is that you can still take the larger size cabin baggage but if the aircraft is busy it may get put in the hold...which I presume they will do for free.  However if you use the smaller size cabin baggage it is "guaranteed" to stay in the cabin with you.   See wording from Easy jet web site:

"Overhead locker space on board our aircraft is limited, which means on busy flights we’re not always able to fit everyone’s cabin bag on board. So to make things fair, we’re introducing a cabin bag guarantee.
If you bring ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 50 x40 x 20cm including handles and wheels, we guarantee it will always travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.
You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold."

But I guess you never know !!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
BubblesG - like you we booked our flights last year but did get notified by Easyjet in April/May re the changes so perhaps the previous contract will be now null & void, like most contracts these days they really seem to be very flexible for whoever makes them.

Must admit think it's a long time coming, personally we are sick to death of  selfish passengers who come on board with 2-3 pieces of hand luggage when it clearly states one, they then dither about causing delays in boarding & moan about there being not enough overhead storage. Also the passengers who at the checking in desk declare one case for the hold & declare one hand luggage but in a devious manner fail to declare how large it is possibly therefore paying for only one piece of hold luggage instead of 2, which for others who are honest is just unfair.

On one flight in recent years there was so much hand luggage that there was just no more room & passengers were requested to make arrangements for any excess h/luggage to be put in the hold this not only caused our flight to be delayed but the selfish ones to start moaning again.      An aircraft sitting on the tarmac costs the airline megga bucks.

Easyjet get some stick at times & to be honest we vowed never to book with them at one time but circumstances changed that, to give them their due, we have never had a problem & we have got the service that we paid for, just hope after writing this it doesn't change anything !!!!!!  Happy packing .............................

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:52:48 PM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
Any Easy Jet flight I've been on has strictly enforced the one piece of hand luggage rule. I've seen people being stopped for having more than one.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »
At Manchester airport the day the new rule came in an employee was speaking to people pointing out the new cabin bag size. They had one of those measuring frames with the old size on one side and the new on the other. I said I knew and that I had bought a new bag to fit within the new size, she said it looked a bit big so just to show her I put it in the frame.....or rather I didn't get it to go in the frame as the rigid part of the width (20cm) where the wheels were was about half a centimetre too much, all the rest was ok!!!! She said 'it's outside the correct size so might not be allowed' but then walked away and I took it on as normal. They didn't seem to be taking cases from people, just making them aware of the new rule. At Dalaman nothing was said re bag size and lots of people had the larger cabin bag.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
itstime   ----   Wish we had been on some of those flights you have been on :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
itstime   ----   Wish we had been on some of those flights you have been on :)
All from Edinburgh so maybe staff there are extra strict?

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
Itstime & DRBD, yes I have been on a number of flights to Nice with EasyJet where some people (French) were trying it on with extra bags but they were pulled up at the boarding gate and made to put it all in one bag or pay for the extra bags to go in the hold. On a recent flight from Dalaman, they stopped people who were boarding the aircraft just after us and told them there was no more room in the overhead bins. All of their cabin bags were then put in the hold but, there was no charge.
It seemed to me, that the introduction of allocated seating, meant a lessening of that crush at the gate where everyone tries to get on and select their seat according to their preferences. This new move is going to mean that we are back to that crush to get on early, as everyone tries to ensure that they will get their 'bigger' bag in the overhead lockers.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »
I flew from Dalaman to Gatwick when it was old rule and back 3 weeks later under new rule.The staff didnt take any notice of the bags that were of a "sensible" size but a number of people had to be pulled up for having more than one item of hand luggage - beware of handbags, they are counted as an item whatever the size.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Easyjet fom Dalaman on hand (cabin) baggage only - query

Started by Mags on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post July 04, 2014, 12:13:53 PM
by Mags
xx
Building size per plot

Started by kalkan wife on Buying A Property & Real Estate

2 Replies
Last post September 09, 2009, 08:41:52 AM
by kevincat99
xx
Patara Prince Apt for sale, REDUCED to £15k

Started by LoveTurkey on Property For Sale

4 Replies
Last post February 02, 2015, 09:50:33 PM
by jfm
xx
Dramatically Reduced Price for Duplex Apartment

Started by soprano on Property For Sale

0 Replies
Last post January 17, 2014, 08:15:50 AM
by soprano

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm

Views: 3756
By: jinfizzz
night