Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Easyjet flights??  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Easyjet flights??
« on: June 09, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »
Anyone flown out with Easyjet recently?? I received a strange E Mail from them saying you must check in on line ...with the emphasis being MUST?...I always prefer to get a boarding pass and watch my case go on the scales /belt.. I thought that on line was an option for those that wished to use it? any repies gratefully received.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11150.0
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Easyjet flights??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
I'm flying out on Wednesday and had to check in on line and print boarding passes - there was NO option!

Offline brian1childs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
easyJet introduced compulsory online check-in from for all flights from 1st May.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
You have to do the online check in and print your boarding pass now. You are practically an employee. Anyway, you still get to see your case onto the belt as they you still need to queue and get your luggage weighed.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »
BL - it doesn't seem to make much difference, wait till you come back from Dalaman they haven't got the message as altho you may have a boarding pass printed off, you still have to que & then they give you a .......... yes  ....... a boarding card.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 08:46:35 PM »
We returned from Dalaman last week.
We checked in online and as we had no hold luggage we just walked through security without having to queque.
We had bought our duty frees before the check-in desk was even open.
At the gate our printed boarding pass was taken off us and we were given another boarding pass for some reason.
As we were in Kalkan for six weeks, we couldn't check in for the return journey before we arrived, so had to find somewhere to print off the boarding passes in Kalkan.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »
I have played it by being cautious and printed off boarding passes for both ways..seems pretty pointless as they have to ask you if you packed your bag yourself, are you carrying any etc etc and then weigh it?.. I shall be serving duty free drinks etc during the flight and if they stick a broom up my jacksy i will sweep the aisles as I go along  ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »
We flew with easyJet from Manchester and didn't check-in online. I prefer the boarding pass given to me at the airport....it didn't seem a problem. Said my printer wasn't working so couldn't check/in and print off our boarding passes, they just asked for the booking reference number and gave us our boarding passes......how would you manage if you didn't have a printer?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:15:10 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
The official EJ advice is if you do not have a printer ask a friend,use one at work or go to the library!! (anything but expect us to do our jobs!!).... ::) ::)

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
We had the same problem when we were out in April. We downloaded our flight passes onto a memory stick, took it into the stationery shop (Arda Kirtasiye) opposite the taxi rank and got our passes printed there. I think cost was 50 kurus a pass. This shop owner, who speaks perfect English, has done photocopying, laminating and printing for us in the past at a very reasonable charge.

KK

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »
It's the norm now with these 'budget' airlines. Ryanair and Wizzair charge a heavy fee if you fail to check in prior to turning up at the airport. I always did check in prior to turning up, then it's just a 'case' of visiting baggage drop. Pardon the pun  ;D

Not sure about coming back as it was never a choice to pre check in at Dalaman
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
Since I completed my on line check in ..I have had 5 different E mails telling me to check in on line >:( >:( i have also had several telling me to go to North Terminal..i think I get the picture!! >:( >:( Pah!! and Double Pah!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Easyjet Flights

Started by littlelin on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post September 19, 2019, 11:15:45 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Easyjet flights

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post December 06, 2008, 11:43:53 PM
by Reygirl
xx
EasyJet flights

Started by cleworthallray on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2019, 11:06:15 PM
by Gelin
xx
EasyJet flights

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post December 05, 2014, 06:42:03 PM
by Lola1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal