Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: E visa Problems  (Read 10885 times)

Offline peter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
E visa Problems
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:34:26 PM »
Hi Has anyone tried to get their e visa yet?
When enter all the information  I receive an email asking for credit card details but when I try to enter the card number it does not accept the full 16 digit number but misses out every third number. It is impossible to contact them by the Contact us Button as it comes up with error message
Does the system really work? Is it a shambles? Or is it me being thick?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11837.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: E visa Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:35:38 PM »
I used the evisa system last October and it worked fine.....just a thought but are you leaving spaces between the groups of numbers....if so link them altogether with no spaces

Offline peter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
Thanks Babs Tried that still doesn't work !!

Offline peter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
Hi Babs Again
Re Visa problem Success !! Seems that there is a glitch if you try to do the visa by Ipad Eventually done by laptop - no probs Thanks again

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »
That sounds familiar.....forms etc often cause problems on an iPad......glad you got it sorted

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
I think you need to use " windows enabled " compatable software  to do e visa applications.The  I pad is not compatible and I don't think it uses windows and so you will struggle with the e visa.

Use standard computers with windows and you will be fine.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »
There is an update on KTLN. There are plans to place kiosks in arrivals so those who have been unable to get their visas online can purchase them before passport control. This is a temporary measure during the 2014 tourist season only to assist during the transition period. KTLN still advise travellers to purchase their e-visas before leaving UK and to use the official site only.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »
Yes this bears out what KTLN posted a couple of days ago. I don't think I'd want to take a chance and queue at kiosk if we can possibly help it. Hopefully any early visitors this season who have to use this facility will post on here and let us know how it goes....if indeed the kiosks are in place April/May ::)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »
I got my evisa yesterday but not without a problem and I had the same thing today doing Mrs BGs.

I'm using a windows 7 desktop and after inputting all of my details, I sat waiting for the verification email to arrive, and it didn't. I went back to the application and started again and this time the verification email came almost straight away and I was able to pay and print off the pdf.

Very strange
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »
I have tried three times now to purchase our E-visas. I make the applications on the website but we are not receiving the emails to verify - its not going to Junk/Spam either ??? I go back to the website and it tells me our applications have timed out as we didn't respond to the email. I have tried on three different days, just in case there is a glitch in the system, tried the "re-send email" button without success and I am making the applications on a Windows 7 laptop. I have sent a message to "Contact Us" two days ago and not had a reply to that either. I am applying separately for me and BH and we have two different email addresses....any ideas..?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
K4E are you using an iPad or a laptop?

We had problems when using an iPad but it worked first time on a laptop.  https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
is the correct website too. :-)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »
I applied for mine today and had no problem at all. I did it on a desktop rather than the I pad which makes a difference. It does seem very straight forward but I can imagine how infuriating it could be if there is a glitch somewhere along the line! No idea why some work and others don't. At least as a back up you know this year you can get one at the airport if all else fails.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
I read on here there were problems using tablets so I've been using a laptop with Windows 7. I will try with a desktop in work tomorrow....it's infuriating having to go back and input the information all over again :P We are not receiving the emails so we can take it to the next stage.....Defintely on the right website too  >:(

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:25 AM »
Desk top everytime it seems to sail through on this....too many problems with other ways tablets /laptops for some reason..keep us informed.. good luck!!  :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »
I did ours on an iPad , you just have to be careful how you put the dates in eg 14.05.2014 not 14/5/14 . Once my brother-in- law and I got this right it was the same on the computer and iPad . 18 days to go  :) :)
Lynne

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 09:58:44 AM »
The main problems people are having seem to be I pads "freezing" and the confirmation message which you need not being received in your mail box...You may as well use a desk top anyway because you have still got to print out your visa

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 10:45:34 AM »
Success!!! good old desk top. Well to be honest, I had to change my email address as it was having trouble with my btinternet one. I did receive an email at 4am this morning which obviously expired but one to the same address this morning just said timed out even though I'd verified it straight away..? Not as painless as I was hoping but we got there in the end...phew!!
All that packing might have been in vain!

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 11:01:42 AM »
Just received our visa bill which included our E-Visa charge. We was charged £12,28 each which included  transfer charges. :)

Offline davidm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 03:43:25 PM »
A tip on the eVisa front- don't wait for the confirmation email, once you have input everything and are waiting for the email that never arrives, log back in to the  'ongoing application ' section and hey presto it will ask you for payment and then allow you to download the visa immediately!

That was my experience yesterday. The confirmation email arrived about 3 hours later by which time you are timed out anyway! Teething problems I guess.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
E Visa Problems

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2017, 11:52:25 PM
by Bertie
xx
Any problems ?

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 04, 2013, 05:38:37 AM
by amber
xx
Water Problems Again

Started by Painter Man on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post June 06, 2012, 02:26:37 PM
by onelove
xx
Problems in Istanbul

Started by Em1 on Politics & Debate

6 Replies
Last post July 28, 2008, 09:06:06 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal